Front crossbar

night

So I'm no where near actually being in HC yet, but am trying to keep everything I currently do within the rules for later.

My issue is the crossbar. First, I cannot use the stock bar at all. I have a DA bar now that helped me line up the engine with that mount. It is already cut/trimmed/bashed and I have *maybe* 1mm header clearance. Is using an oem crossbar from a different car going to already work against me? Or could I count on the fact that no one would know anything about my car to begin with?

Givin my barely any clearance, I would really like to get an ESP. Why does this matter on cars that come with radius rods? Especially when some can get spherical bushing replacements anyway.

What car is it for??

Doesn't sound like EF/DA... I've never heard of all of those problems (the talk about the mounts).

I have only been around one EF with a swap, it had (IMO) horrible mounts, but got them to work. The cross member had a nice section of it cut out for header clearance and everything was fine.

But i am pretty sure we didn't even use a front mount. Much like on the EG/DC/EK once you install after market mounts there is no need for the "torque" mounts.

More information would be really helpful though. Something like the following..

1.) what is the chassis you are dealing with?

2.) what is the motor you are dealing with?

3.) what are the mounts you are dealing with?

Pictures might help too...

hey slammed, I've been snooping h-t too, but figured it best to post here.

Best pics I can get with it on the ground..

this is where I have trimmed and beat it in with a sledge

P1010018-1-1.jpg

here shows the shape of the DA bar

P1010019-1.jpg

here is my stock bar (best pic I can find, sorry). you can see that it goes straight across, even sticking out towards the motor, while the DA bar has some U shape for the header.

13SB00_B48.gif

'85 Prelude, B20v, all 4 mounts are bolted up + a heim in the stock torque rod location (#10 in the above pic). the engine will not go anywhere else. I have tight hood/ground clearances and the rear crossbar is notched for the T bracket. I was actually considering not getting the trans torque rod since I have the firewall, if I get the ESP. This is about space.

ok, how about a single simple question. Would a front bar modified like this be legal?

A pretty straight forward making space in the middle while not touching any points.

3892106986_a6821f8973_b.jpg

ok, how about a single simple question. Would a front bar modified like this be legal?

A pretty straight forward making space in the middle while not touching any points.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3507/3892106986_a6821f8973_b.jpg

I wouldn't put THAT much bar in there, but sure as the rule is written (IMO) that is legal.