Is it me or is Texas the black hole of HC?

night

anyone around? 6 events for the year is kinda weak isn't it?

Houston area people would be nice.

I have been kinda hanging with Drivers Edge for lap days. But, like.. no FWD Honda's to speak of at the last one.

There are some around but they all really like Hoosiers so they run in PT or ST instead.

Why not sign up for the DE in October and get checked out for Time Trials - get started on the ladder to racing

hmm.. I've really gotta learn all these classes. I am pretty much going to be unable to be in an Hx anyway. Guess I will start reading up on the rest of the NASA world.

There are some around but they all really like Hoosiers so they run in PT or ST instead.

Why not sign up for the DE in October and get checked out for Time Trials - get started on the ladder to racing

Even where I don't need a cage, I doubt I will be ready to call my car ready for that just yet. And I'd rather my first time out not be out of my area, just in case. Dallas does make me jealous though with all the tracks they have up there.

• Members

We have the same scenario here in the SE - and a couple that want to add Turbos which puts them out of HC rules.

Ya, I have a B20v which means I can't run HC. I am not opposed to building a 2nd engine just to enjoy competition. but there are still other things that will very likely rule me out that I can't help, so I guess I go wherever I go.

Ya, I have a B20v which means I can't run HC.

Not true! Kevin Helms ran a B20 VTEC in H1 for many years, and hurt a lot of K series feelings along the way.

then how is it weighted?

B20 in the chart cannot possible account for vtec and nonv

edit... oh. I see the B18A/B with the C1/C5. WTH is that about? I'm guessing it is that no one with an A/B is without a vtec head.

ya, but I still need another block. I am 84.5 and ported, but I have 2nd B16 head waiting.

wait what???

explain in more detail what you are talking about, the short hand/assuming we know what you are talking about is confusing.

H1 B20vtec is allowed, and you can go 20 over. You can also port the head, pretty much do whatever you want to it.

H2 no B20vtec

you Can run one of the later "b20" motors that are listed.

If you are building/wanting to run H1 with the car, then i'd REALLY suggest starting with something much much much better/newer/more aftermarket support.

ok, sorry. I have a lot floating through my head on these subjects as I have been reading every night for 2 weeks. The H1 subset gets me every time being farther down. I really need to copy/paste that stuff into a class specific text files so it is easier for quick reference.

But the block being unuseable still stands correct? the requirement is oem pistons. B20 pistons only come in .25 over. My 84.5 with forged pistons cannot be made legal. Unless they are taking aftermarket casts.