F2K EG FOR H1

k20h1

HELLO HC GUYS!!

I have a k20 civic eg setup for h1, but i have been working on my latest proyect CIVIC EG F20C S2000 ENGINE WITH RSX TRANSMISSION (f2k) from what i read in the CCR i think its legal @ 2575 pounds but im not completly sure, this will be similar to H2B OR F2B That is accepted in the CCR under H1

Any inputs would be great!!

Thanks

David

HELLO HC GUYS!!

I have a k20 civic eg setup for h1, but i have been working on my latest proyect CIVIC EG F20C S2000 ENGINE WITH RSX TRANSMISSION (f2k) from what i read in the CCR i think its legal @ 2575 pounds but im not completly sure, this will be similar to H2B OR F2B That is accepted in the CCR under H1

Thanks

David

So let me get this straight... you want to use a S2000 engine with a RSX tranny in an EG Civic?

Interesting combo.

I would say it is NOT legal because the HC rulebook (NOT CCR) doesn't specifically cite that one can use a K series tranny on a S2000 engine, or in this case a F-series block. Whereas it specifically says that a H2B package IS legal. All (or at least most) HC racers know that "if it's NOT printed in the rulebook, it's NOT legal."

So put in a rules request and hope it gets approved.

hope that helps.

HELLO HC GUYS!!

Thanks

David

So let me get this straight... you want to use a S2000 engine with a RSX tranny in an EG Civic?

Interesting combo.

I would say it is NOT legal because the HC rulebook (NOT CCR) doesn't specifically cite that one can use a K series tranny on a S2000 engine, or in this case a F-series block. Whereas it specifically says that a H2B package IS legal. All (or at least most) HC racers know that "if it's NOT printed in the rulebook, it's NOT legal."

So put in a rules request and hope it gets approved.

hope that helps.

Didn't there used to be a rule that you could use "any honda transmission" or something along those lines? maybe its still there i couldn't find it with a quick glance. Only thing i saw was the allowence for the h/f2b.

No mention of transmissions in the H1 rules besides that, or (most likely the case) i am completely missing it.

This suggests it possible,

"built with components that are sourced from a stock Honda or Acura vehicle of a different model, domestic market or generation. These sourced components may be for the engine, the transmission"

but I would say the H2B is specified because it typically uses a kit to make it happen. The F20C/K trans also requires an adapter and I'm sure would need to be specified in the rules also because of this..

"Non-OEM engine and/or transmission/differential mounts are permitted but must locate the engine/transmission/differential in the exact location as the OEM Honda/Acura engine, transmission, and differential mounts. Items may only provide the original functionality of locating the engine/transmission/differential as intended by the manufacturer."

Mounts for the FWD have to be completely custom.

I don't see the point though really given the weight penalty. Although, I also don't see why they would specify the F2xC's at all and not just say S2000 if it weren't possible.