Rule check: Lightweight driveshaft 0 points?

Markus

Good morning -

Just a quick rule check....

Most recent comment I could find on lightweight drive shafts in PT/TT was from 2007.

Quote from Greg: "Ok, here's what we are going to do--stick with the current rules. If you have a lightened driveshaft, you will need to use the alternate method for assessing weight reduction points (since it is lightening that is not otherwise assessed points, and is not on the list of No-Points Modifications). We will not be assessing the potential improved performance aspect due to decreased rotational mass."

Thread: http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13136&hilit=driveshaft

So is this still the case? And if so is it covered under:

NO-POINTS MODIFICATIONS

23) Lightweight flywheel and/or clutch assembly

Could we possibly get the above modified to read "" just to alleviate future confusion?

Thanks!!

- Mark

Thanks for the clarification - and sense of humor. Glad to see we're all still having fun around here!

(I guess that happens when Meze or KBrew don't join a thread)

• Members
Thanks for the clarification - and sense of humor. Glad to see we're all still having fun around here!

(I guess that happens when Meze or KBrew don't join a thread)

Well now its illegal. Doesnt SAY you can in the rulebook, so its illegal. There, fixed it for ya.

Well now its illegal. Doesnt SAY you can in the rulebook, so its illegal. There, fixed it for ya.

I'm eagerly awaiting the addition of this as a no-points mod per Greg to the 2011 ruleset then!

Actually I'm not even sure this is something I'll do or not, it's something I'm considering for next year but no firm plans yet. Since I didn't see it in the rules I thought I'd be helpful and try to clarify for everyone. It seems like alot of the Subie time attack cars run something like this, so I'm kind of surprised it hadn't come up over here sooner.

- Mark