Some guidance please...

bahnstormers

Ok guys, I have an ex-ASA Touring Car that I have been doing DE's with for the last 12 months. It is 2850lbs with 460 rwhp. I am thinking about doing a few TT events in Texas next year. First off, would this be a SU or ST car. Secondly, are these cars very competitive in either of these classes? The car runs mid 1.17's at MSR cresson on the 1.7. Thanks for the help.

• National Staff
Ok guys, I have an ex-ASA Touring Car that I have been doing DE's with for the last 12 months. It is 2850lbs with 460 rwhp. I am thinking about doing a few TT events in Texas next year. First off, would this be a SU or ST car. Secondly, are these cars very competitive in either of these classes? The car runs mid 1.17's at MSR cresson on the 1.7. Thanks for the help.

For TT, it would be a TTR (unlimited) car.

For Racing, it depends on the size of the slicks. It could be made into an STR1 car. At 2852 lbs, and 460 rwhp, with 10.5" slicks and a dog box, it would just barely squeeze into STR1.

current TTU record for MSR Cresson 1.7 CCW is 1:17.113 - I'd expect TTR to be a bit faster fwiw - most people do pick up some time switching from general trackday format to TT competition though