HPDE Law enforcement driver training?

wheelpowerracing

My brother has attended several NASA events with me and is in Law Enforcement. He would like to acquire one of his departments old squad cars and use it for HPDE1 to improve his driving. I am sure this has been done before. Anyone have any first hand experience or knowledge of any law enforcement agencys utilizing NASA HPDE for driver training? Any photos, feedback or links would be appreciated.

I have a friend and fellow track event steward that is heavily involved in LE and military driver training (ie, does it for a living). PM me and I will put you in touch with him.

-Kevin

I was kind of hoping they would let him run lights and siren and TRY to PIT me

I think it would be good across the board, good for NASA, good for the officers, and good for building bridges between car enthusiasts and law enforcement. I don't think there will be any problems, just need some help gathering info and examples to justify that it is and would be beneficial driver training.

We have at least one racer in the SE that also happens to be a police officer, and posts up on the forums sometimes. I'll try to remember/find out, his username and let you know.