Quick update from Nationals

EJO

Practice session at 8:40 this morning; track and tires were cold so everyone was

a little slow. Qualifying at 10:15; NO clean laps. Pete Bovenberg in a 2000 Civic Si

caught on fire on the front straight which engulfed the entire cockpit of the car.

Pete has purchased a new car to run tomorrow if possible and definitely Saturday.

Grid position was set by our practice session times, which screwed a couple of

people who did not go out for the practice session.

I started 11th out of 18 cars but was quickly passed by Jeremy Croiset and Manny Coats.

Those guys are freaking fast. I was having a great battle with Victor Chalk and Austin Getty

until my car died on me. The engine was reving but no matter what gear I put the car in

it would not move. I coasted into pit lane, turned the car off, restarted the car while

rolling and it work fine for the rest of the race. Unfortunetaly by that time I was

already half a lap down on the field. I'm going to have to drive the wheels off the

car tomorrow to get a decent grid position for the National Race on Sat.

Top runners so far in H2:

Jonathan Meris

John Almazan

Donna Gilio

Since it is not official yet I won't spill the beans on how it went down today. You Nor-cal racers can be very proud of your fellow racers though! They did represent!

As for me I qualified 10th but my race ended early when a rock took out my radiator on lap 2. Inspite of that I had a great time and have no regrets! Thanks to NASA for putting on such a great event and to HPD for their wonderfull hospitality. I really had fun racing with everyone! Austin, thanks for the push at the start. Man I really suck at standing starts.

So i just got the call from Dave Lang and Grahams cams are ok.Hes a 3 time National Champ.And my car is runner up.Great job G-MAN.......I would of been right there if my belt would of stayed on.......I had no problems until race day.Just my luck......Anyways ill see all of you next year and i wont be running Nationals next year.I had a great time and it was fun meeting all the other drivers.There was some drama after the race but it all worked out at the end.Jmeris is a hella good driver and so is G-Man you both should be in a pro racing cars....Step up HPD and give these 2 guys a ride...They wont let you down...

H2 results are official, we were torn down after Donna's PTC race (intake off,throttle body off,valve cover off, spark plugs out and oil pan off) and now the results are official. Jonathan Meris 1st, Donna Gilio 2nd, Gregory Neuwirth 3rd,Benoit Pecqueur 4th, Jimmy Chilcott 5th.

It was a great week of racing can't wait till next year!

H2 results are official, we were torn down after Donna's PTC race (intake off,throttle body off,valve cover off, spark plugs out and oil pan off) and now the results are official. Jonathan Meris 1st, Donna Gilio 2nd, Gregory Neuwirth 3rd,Benoit Pecqueur 4th, Jimmy Chilcott 5th.

It was a great week of racing can't wait till next year!

Congrats to all you of you folks! Great racing with you guys and gal!

John Almazan