H1 forged pistons...

ORacing

iv gone over the rules many times and when i get to the piston part of the engine section i wonder what im going to do about pistons... well i have a B20vtec so i have to run H1 i think and the rules say bottom end must be built entirely of OEM honda parts, also it says compression ratio is unrestricted... also piston pin retension must stay the same, it would be easy to install some forged dome pistons but something tells me i cant lol but i hope this is not the case, if so, any suggestions for a legal piston for my combination??

thanks

iv gone over the rules many times and when i get to the piston part of the engine section i wonder what im going to do about pistons... well i have a B20vtec so i have to run H1 i think and the rules say bottom end must be built entirely of OEM honda parts, also it says compression ratio is unrestricted... also piston pin retension must stay the same, it would be easy to install some forged dome pistons but something tells me i cant lol but i hope this is not the case, if so, any suggestions for a legal piston for my combination??

thanks

Ahhh. The B20vtec...good times. good times. 5 years of 2liter B-series vtec fun in my life . Unless you put in a rules request and get them to change the rules (I tried to years ago), your best choice is the the PHK piston. You're gonna have to find a way to make them work. I did! 241whp and 162ft/lb tq was plenty for a 2300lbs. car Good for 2nd place in H1 at the 2008 Nationals at Mid-Ohio, and Fastest qual. time in H1 (still holds) at the 2009 Nationals at Miller Motosports Park.

Still got a lot of B20 vtec parts left over if you happen to be interested

Edit: I decided to add some of the spec's of my B20vtec, so you can see what can be achieved with the PHK pistons.

Static Comp ratio: 11.85:1

Redline: 9200-9400 rpm

displacement: 1984.6cc

mpa: 179,472 fps sqrd

jmeris

2010 HC H2 National Champ

hey man thanks for answering, i need someone i can go over rules with! yeah i love my b20v i have it in my ek built her myself tuned and all made 232whp 159ft-lbs 12:1 pro2 cams and hondata i fell in love lol but now i have to make it legal!! so yeah PHKs are legal??

of course they are they are stock didnt realize so... what must i do get some B20z slugs and machine a shit load off the block and head, flat faced valves? weld the chambers? what did you do if you dont mind me asking from one B20v jedi to another lol

of course they are they are stock didnt realize so... what must i do get some B20z slugs and machine a shoo-shiddily-diddily load off the block and head, flat faced valves? weld the chambers? what did you do if you dont mind me asking from one B20v jedi to another lol

I used the force-

pm me