Spec 3 Website

Jon M.

• Members

All,

James and I are working to rewrite the Spec 3 Racing website.

We welcome input from the group as to what you would like to see included in the site (besides the rules, the premise of the series, etc).

Please let us know your thoughts and we welcome anyone who is interested in lending a hand with the details.

Jon

On top of my head I think it would be cool to have:

- A profile section where a picture of each Spec3 racer and their car with some info.

- A FAQ section where some of the topics discussed here on the forums is answered or discussed

- A summary of the last event with winner and runner ups, standings, and lap times, champipons

- A build section showing various solutions where there might be different takes on something and some DIY writeups maybe

- A Spec3 data sheet like Road&Track do of their cars (I know it's in the rule set, but just a sheet) tire size, diff ratio, spring rates etc etc. Maybe a "typical" dyno run. Mostly for quick reference

- Video section of some onboard or other Spec3 video

- Picture section, or gallery I guess

- Calendar of future events with maybe a couple of social gatherings, like the lunch we had this year?

- "How to become a Spec3 racer?" taking it from step one where you have never been on track and your current car is a 1999 Toyota Camry

- "Who never to try to pass in a race?" that would be me, but being last it probably doesn't effect very many well, maybe not this last one..

And I am available to lend a hand with this And we should get stickers with the webaddress to put on our cars

Contact information (email and phone no.) for the Spec3 rep for each NASA region.

What about a dedicated message board like the spece30 site has? Not that I want to drive traffic away from NASA forums, but an all-in-one website has a lot of advantages.

Matt

I assume y'all are checking out series dedicated sites like spece30.com and specmiata.com. I think those could certainly inform you as to what works and what doesn't. I always feel that the KISS mantra is a good one, and that clean, intuitive web designs are best. Plus that keeps with the spirit of the series, clean and simple, but with good content.

As for content, I think Scany hit everything on the head. I don't know that a forum is needed, since we've got one here and could easily hyperlink here. A dedicated classifieds section would be great as well.

Not sure this was super helpful, but I think those are the things I look for when looking at sites like that.

GT

• 4 months later...

I noticed it's up already, but in progress. I like what I see Good work so far!

I was thinking (dangerous stuff this!), that we could gather pictures of the drivers and the cars. Maybe we can ask Chris@FinishLine to take some pictures on pregrid or something? You could use that picture linked to the driver list on the site.

Or maybe we could even do a fancy setup with all the Spec3 cars and drivers for a quick photoshoot in front of something cool at VIR?

And what about making a Facebook page? Could just make all the Spec3 racers admin to post updates and pictures.

Now I gotta stop thinking for a bit

• Members

The site does look great. Feel free to pm or email me any information you would like to be included in the "Drivers" section. I will compile it and forward to James for inclusion.

THANKS JAMES!!

For reference, I think George is #6 now, and I'm supposed to be #91 (on 'the list')... last event was alternate due to Stinger-bahn-awesomeness.

Good to see the site making progress!

What CMS system are we using? I'm proficient in CMS Made Simple... not that I have any free time to help

• 3 months later...

Got most of you up on my website. If you don't want yourself or your car there (for whatever weird reason), or wants a different picture, just let me know.

http://skandsenmotorsport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=57

I'm not trying to step on the official Spec3's website's toes (sorry if I am). I'm just trying to give the people visiting my site a view of the series.

Nice...I am sending you another picture. It's one that a little less than in it's natural habitat...(hood up, on stands, dripping fluids...yada yada)

Nice...I am sending you another picture. It's one that a little less than in it's natural habitat...(hood up, on stands, dripping fluids...yada yada)

Yeah, you weren't there and I ran out of time I wasn't trying to imply anything. I'll put the one you send up right away.

• 3 months later...

Paging James Packer, Sean and Colin O'Connell, and Mani to send me a picture of their car and you next to it, or just your car. I'd like to use it on my webpage (skandsenmotorsport.com) if you don't mind you can email it to me at @domain

Paging James Packer, Sean and Colin O'Connell, and Mani to send me a picture of their car and you next to it, or just your car. I'd like to use it on my webpage (skandsenmotorsport.com) if you don't mind you can email it to me at @domain

I'll look for one and send it to you.

For reference, my car number is 91... I only ran 911 for Feb due to Stinger-Bahn reassignment.

And for crying out loud, show me my points final for the season!!! Do any get dropped? How does this champion button work?!?!? click.click.

Our cars and drivers are quite unphotogenic at the moment. I'll see what we have.

It's not really to show them off as pretty and amazing racing machnies as much as it is to know who it is that's driving them for spectators and people trying to get to know the Mid Atlantic Spec3 guys

I updated the points on the website. There were actually no changes to the standings after race 13 and 14.

EDIT:

Seems like the official results have confused the two Widaseseses for 3rd and fourth in the last race Sat. Pete, you came in 3rd right?

Our cars and drivers are quite unphotogenic at the moment. I'll see what we have.

It's not really to show them off as pretty and amazing racing machnies as much as it is to know who it is that's driving them for spectators and people trying to get to know the Mid Atlantic Spec3 guys

I updated the points on the website. There were actually no changes to the standings after race 13 and 14.

EDIT:

Seems like the official results have confused the two Widaseseses for 3rd and fourth in the last race Sat. Pete, you came in 3rd right?

yep - I was after Jon... but before everyone else.

• 2 months later...

Still taking pictures of cars&driver, either you want to update your existing or you are not showing, feel free to send me a picture and I'll put it up as soon as I can.