Buttonwillow registration is open

Tim Comeau

People have had a chance to recover from Nationals now. Tyler's car is put back together. Let's get signed up early if you know you're going.

The track is #1 config CCW.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• cbuzz

• Norman#99

• sagoston

That was funny.......

Bouquets and accolades to you guys that went for helping the recovering Niedernhofer with his car. True class spirit.

Tyler really needs more old people to beat, so I am going to try to do my part by showing up. I am working on details with the other old guy, Foxx. I am hopeing there is a practice day on Friday to learn the track and I hope there aren't to many turns.

Charley, don't sell your car yet, you and Jim have to show me around. It seems like forever since I've driven and have always wanted to drive BW, so I am kinda pumped up for this and hope it works out.

That would be cool Norm. I will definetly be there.

Friday is on the Buttonwillow schedule as an open test. So it looks like a go.

Everett is planning on being there as well.

Thanks Tim and Charlie,

I hope that maybe a couple more of the AZ guys might make it too. Nov 27/28 is one of the bigger race weekends at PIR and maybe some of you guys can come out for that.

If you go to BW's web site and click on track maps, then click on race#1, is that it, running ccw?

Thanks

Thanks Tim and Charlie,

I hope that maybe a couple more of the AZ guys might make it too. Nov 27/28 is one of the bigger race weekends at PIR and maybe some of you guys can come out for that.

If you go to BW's web site and click on track maps, then click on race#1, is that it, running ccw?

Thanks

November at PIR include a Saturday dual endro. "Sprint enduro" si for 1 hour and full enduro for 3 hrs. All cars start and after 1 hour the "Sprint Enduro" cars pull off track leaving just the 3 hr cars out there for the last 2 hours.

Cars run in 944 spec rules as we don't run endro classing for just one event a year.

Charlie,

Susan is definately coming, she doesn't beleive I really know how to race. Hopefully Katie (Foxx) will be able to make it too, so tell Lori to please come out.

Friday should be a fun day,

Thanks

I just stayed at the "Motel6 Central" in Buttonwillow which used to be the Red Roof Inn. It's a lot nicer than the cheaper Motel6 across the street and only about $10/night more since it's the host hotel for NASA.

I still need to fix yet another broken axle but I think I'll make it. I'll have to figure out in the off season why I keep having axle problems. I hope it's not the nitrous causing problems

Norman I could take the Motel 6 Red Roof only so long and changed to a Hampton Inn at Bakersfield airport. It takes about 25-30 minutes to get there but for a little money more versus the Buttonwillow choices much better. Motel is less than 5 years old. There is also a La Quinta next door which is also new. Worth a look to see if fits in your budget.

Steve, I knew it you cheating bastard. I knew it was the nitrous power that has been snapping you axels. The super sticky chemical treatment you put on the tires, causing them to grip like super soft slicks, just provide too much traction with the nitrous and BAM!

Either tone back the nitrous or use tires with a little less grip and show us some smoke, baby.

Big Dog

Thanks Tom, we will probably spend all waking hours at the track then just use the room for sleep, so this time we might just go with the closest to the track, if I take the Suburban, we might camp and just use the motel for a shower. Sounds crazy, but there is lots of press on bed bugs latley and it's not just in the cheaper hotel/motel rooms. The worst thing in my truck might be a crab or two. (not really)

Are you going Tom?

Steve, sorry bout the half shaft issues, hope you can make it!!!

Thanks again guys and don't let the bed bugs bite!

I still need to fix yet another broken axle but I think I'll make it. I'll have to figure out in the off season why I keep having axle problems. I hope it's not the nitrous causing problems

I think it is your nitrous system. You need to retune it to work on only in 3rd gear and up. It is the 2nd gear shots that are poping axles!

Are your tranny mounts shot? Is it always the same joint? If you keep breaking stuff it could be that a mating part is damaged or not aligned right. Axle problems are not common. Sure the can happen, but I don't know of repeated issues for any cars.