Road America in August

rlipner

Rumor has it that we might be able to go to Road America in August. Who's in? This would be an expensive commitment for NASA. So, I think its important that we let Bryan and Dave know how much we want RA on the schedule.

Edited by Guest

This is huge! To add RA to the schedule, a track that hosts, ALMS, Indy Car, SCCA run offs, WC, Patron GT3 Challenge, etc, speaks volumes of NASA's commitment. Yes it's expensive....but oh sooo worth it!!

I'm In!!

Dann

FYI Dave Royce chimed in over on the Midwest forum 2011 track topic.

I'm indifferent with respect to Mid Ohio vs. Road America. I've been to neither yet, so I can't state a preference from a track driving standpoint. RA is closer but I really don't care about the travel now that i'm a trailer puller. Heck, I went all the way to Nelson Ledges to race a pile of dung E30 in Lemons.

But if I had to make a choice per NASA's request, i'd probably say yes i'll go to RA because i've made excuses for years not to go. Been there to spectate IndyCar years ago and that was great. I suspect the driving experience is even better. That said I will definitely make a trek or two to Mid Ohio next year to experience it as a driver and see what Nationals is all about- likely as crew for MotoDelta/ProRaceStore

If the choice is between RA and Mid-O it should be EASY! Anyone who wants to go to Mid-O (myself included) will have the chance at Nationals. Let's add one more world class track to the season instead of a second trip all the way to Ohio!

I've been to RA from Texas in 2 of the last 3 years with PCA. It's spectacular. If NASA held an event there it certainly would be tempting to go. I'd love to race in a large field there under the GTS rules. With PCA the car is not competitive, I only go for the experience.