Forum Clean Up Coming this weekend

Bryancohnracing

Hello Gents,

I wanted to give you a heads up that a clean up of the GTS Forum is coming this weekend. The plan is to clean out all the old threads that are out of date (like ones about 2009 rules for example) and threads that are dead, locked and so on.

One of the goals going forward will be to keep things current and orderly in order so the GTS forum is more useful, useable and less confusing to the masses.

Thanks for your support while we get the house in order.

While it may be nice to have things "things current and orderly" and to get rid of everything old, it is also nice to have the old stuff as history. For instance, a while back I was wanting to read the rule change discussions for the 2008 Rules and the 2007 Rules, and it was not to be found on the forum. It appears that everything before 2008/Feb was deleted.

Will

While it may be nice to have things "things current and orderly" and to get rid of everything old, it is also nice to have the old stuff as history. For instance, a while back I was wanting to read the rule change discussions for the 2008 Rules and the 2007 Rules, and it was not to be found on the forum. It appears that everything before 2008/Feb was deleted.

Will

Actually those discussions weren't on this site. They were on the previous GTS website not the NASA one.

-Scott B.

• Members

just "unsticky" stuff. Then the threads up top just dissapear, but if you need to find old info, just search and you can find the old threads.

Dont need to delete stuff unless there is a space constraint for the HDD.

If you think GTSForum needs cleanup, go visit the TT forum. You have to scroll down a whole page before you get to the "active threads"

There's one thread from August 2007 l would like to see kept, but that's a personal thing for me.

Thanks.

-Scott B.

If it can't be kept on the forums, perhaps we should put it on the GTS website Scott. Please make sure you pull off the information so we can preserve it.

There's one thread from August 2007 l would like to see kept, but that's a personal thing for me.

Thanks.

-Scott B.

If it can't be kept on the forums, perhaps we should put it on the GTS website Scott. Please make sure you pull off the information so we can preserve it.

Chris,

If I knew how, I would ??

-Scott B.

Scott,

You don't have to be a coder/programmer to save your thread. Copy and paste it to Word. Seriously. Just go to the top of the page where the first poster's name and avatar are, click and drag your mouse down and the whole page of posts will be highlighted. Right click on the highlighted area, select copy and then paste into blank doc on Word. Voila' you just saved it!

Of course if you try to reproduce it someone will accuse you of modifying/forgery to suit what you wanted it to say........

Truly to clean up the forums an archive subforum should be created based on last post date. If someone searches in the archives and posts to a topic, it could be relisted on the modern day forum and therefore archived topics should be locked to avoid screwing with the clean up process.

Scott,

You don't have to be a coder/programmer to save your thread. Copy and paste it to Word. Seriously. Just go to the top of the page where the first poster's name and avatar are, click and drag your mouse down and the whole page of posts will be highlighted. Right click on the highlighted area, select copy and then paste into blank doc on Word. Voila' you just saved it!

Of course if you try to reproduce it someone will accuse you of modifying/forgery to suit what you wanted it to say........

Truly to clean up the forums an archive subforum should be created based on last post date. If someone searches in the archives and posts to a topic, it could be relisted on the modern day forum and therefore archived topics should be locked to avoid screwing with the clean up process.

Guess I'd have to have MS Word to do that and I'd still not get it right....

Edit: I figured it out to save for myself, though I would like to see it saved on the forums.

-Scott B

Scott,

Edit: I figured it out to save for myself, though I would like to see it saved on the forums.

-Scott B

-Scott B

Scott,

You should be able to save your thread by copying it to an email and then sending it to yourself. Email me directly if I can provide further assistance.