Hey.

K Shaw

I may be picking up a 924/931 as a track car this year. If you guys have any left over or used parts laying around that you want to get rid of give me a holler.

kyle

Welcome, but I've got to ask - why a 924/931?

924S/944 costs little if any more (maybe less than a 931), and gives you more options to participate later.

Besides, there will be a lot more spares parts down there for the 924S/944, than a 924/931 (like tranmissions, etc.).

I have found decent to very nice found 924/931 cars in the 1200 or less price range. Around here a decent 944/924s car seems to be double/tripple that. I have seen decent 944/924s cars in other states closer to 1200 but by the time you add in shipping and or time off from work and fuel for the truck to get one they end up being the same price as the ones I have found locally.

Not ready for another race car. Not sure i would have the time with two kids and working for Dave B for another race car.

I know CIS and the 2.0l. Been working for VW for so many years that CIS doesnt bother me.

I am not sold (yet) on the 2.5l.

I like boost and 951 prices are a little high.

You dont want me racing in 944 spec I drink too much PBR and lean way to far to the right to fit in with most of the 944 spec crowd.

I had not planned on building another race car to any certain class of racing. Just another fun track car.

However the oppurtunity to beat Chuck and Dirks at their own game sounds like fun.

944 spec could be in my future just not sold on it yet.

kyle

I thought we could work with you until I saw the PBR reference. PBR is not a 944 Spec approved beverage. Strictly CMC only. Even the CMC-2 guys can't tolerate it.

Good luck with your hunt!

HA HA. Pretty sure I have seen chuck with a PBR or two in his hand over the years. But then that was when he was hanging out in Raybobs trailer.

If a 924s happens to drop into my hands you guys might see another big bore racer in spec 944. i have not bought a car yet so you never know.

kyle

I can't give Chuck and Dirks too much of a hard time. They did give me my comp school and I had fun chasing/being chased by dirks in my CMC Camaro.

Good bunch of guys. Funny looking but hey we wont hold that one against them.

kyle

I suppose if I really wanted to start daily driving my truck again I could finish selling off the left over CMC race car parts. Combined with what I already have stashed away I could use that to buy the wife something else to drive and get my truck back. Then i could sell off my little GTI and use that money for a 944/924s. Or just spend it on beer and hookers.

kyle

That's the spirit!

Hookers & beer may be cheaper, but you'll regret racing less in the morning, or after your trip to me for a little Penicillin

You will have more fun with a great group of guys in 944 Spec, than running any car on your own!