Tire Contingencies for 2011

UKRBMW

I was unofficially told at the PRI convention that Hoosier's contingency program in 2011 will be the same as it was in 2010. Again, that was unofficial.

Mark

No worries, and yes Goodyear does make a sports car DOT tire that's a competitor in that +10 range.

Been meaning to try it but contingency kept me loyal to Hoosier.

Goodyear contingency guidelines from 2010:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency/test_program/2010_Goodyear_Tire_Contingency_Info-Final.pdf

Payout is 1 tire for 1st place, with a minimum of 5 cars.

Class Eligibility: AIX, PTA, PTB, PTC, PTD, PTE, PTF, ST1, ST2, STR1, STR2, SU
TT isn't eligible per that information, so that's probably why there has been no announcement in this forum.

All contingency information:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency

Mark

I think they should all give us a free set of tires to try.... I really need to get faster because I hate buying tires. I don't have a problem buying a $1000 car part if I know it's worth it, I can used it for a long time, and I can generally get 50-70% back when I sell it on the forums, but with tires ugh.... $1200 for something that's good for 2 weeknds!

Someone sponsor me

Yoko and Goodyear have contingencies for racers, unfortunately nothing for us. I was just hoping maybe something changes in our favor!

Well, I have nothing against Hoosier, will keep running them!

Greg - how does this work? Can we all email Yoko, Good Year to extend their contingencies to Time Trial or is there somebody at NASA that does this on racer's behalf?

• 3 weeks later...
Goodyear != BFG (maker of the R1)

BFG is Michelin. Goodyear is also coming to the market place and rumor mill is Hoosier soon to be owned by Conti. I've got a set of the BFG's in my garage looking forward to testing them vs the A6's at the SCCA race in Atlanta in march.