2011 NASA TT Rules v. 8.1 are Posted

Greg G.

• National Staff

The 2011 NASA Time Trial Rules (v 8.1) have been approved and were released and are posted online. NASA has attempted to make improvements to the series as we continue with our goal of providing as much “rules stability” as possible. This series continues to be one of the fastest growing competition series within NASA, and the changes and upgrades to the rules should help to foster continued growth. We are seeing some great racing both regionally and at our National Championships, and we look forward to many years in the future.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/time_trial_rules.pdf

(If you do not find the 2011 Rules at that link, you must clear the cache on your browser.

If that does not work, then clear the history on your browser as well.)

The 2011 Time Trial, PT, & ST Car Classification Forms should be posted next week.

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome... time to get ready for more TT in 2011!

unless you have an s2000 with a non-oem top in which case you may be looking for $2500 down the back of the couch!

Awesome... time to get ready for more TT in 2011!

unless you have an s2000 with a non-oem top in which case you may be looking for $2500 down the back of the couch!

Agreed, count me out of 2011 if this rule stays in it's current form. OEM tops are expensive, nobody makes a cheap alternative, and I already have a top that provides me with the safety I'm looking for. A $2500-$3000 top completely changes the equation for the Go/No Go equation for a season of amateur Time Trials.

I know Greg does an excellent job with a difficult task and when people are looking at fair ways to make competitive race series, I point them to his rule book. But this is a mistake that is throwing the baby (a lot of S2000 owners) out with the bathwater (cheaters that obviously can't drive) and deserves some discussion before the season starts.

This rule?:

g. Aerodynamics

2) No aero points for adding a hardtop to a convertible or removal of convertible soft top/frame.

Hardtop must be OEM/OEM option or OEM/OEM option shape and size only, and must use

a rear window. (i.e., lightweight ok, but no tops with non-OEM aero features).

This rule?:

g. Aerodynamics

2) No aero points for adding a hardtop to a convertible or removal of convertible soft top/frame.

Hardtop must be OEM/OEM option or OEM/OEM option shape and size only, and must use

That would be the one. It's the "OEM/OEM option shape and size only" that's hurting the S2K guys...

This rule?:

g. Aerodynamics

That would be the one. It's the "OEM/OEM option shape and size only" that's hurting the S2K guys...

I read that like it wouldn't make the "fastback" S2000 tops illegal, just another points modification. How many points is the question?

This rule?:

g. Aerodynamics

I read that like it wouldn't make the "fastback" S2000 tops illegal, just another points modification. How many points is the question?

it isn't listed as a points mod thus illegal in A and below. You just got more people to boost TTS car counts!

it isn't listed as a points mod thus illegal in A and below. You just got more people to boost TTS car counts!

So why not make it a 3,5,10 point (i don't really care) mod and move along... Gotta pay if you wanna run that top, but making it illegal seems a bit extreme to the folks who already bought one.

So why not make it a 3,5,10 point (i don't really care) mod and move along... Gotta pay if you wanna run that top, but making it illegal seems a bit extreme to the folks who already bought one.

This seems like the best idea I've heard so far!