2011 rules for 944 spec

greg palmer

Seems that we are not going to see them soon. That way we cannot dispute them.

It will be about the head thickness. But what that verbage is is where the problem may be.

Hopefully we get it right the first time.

The final wording was agreed upon just before the holidays with the NASA Office, just awaiting the official posting. I assume the holidays got in the way of getting this posted up. I'll email NASA to see if we can get this out.

As Charlie references, the only significant change from the 2010 rules regards a head thickness spec. Quite a bit of testing went into getting that number where we want it, and the final figure allows for a bit more head gasket squish. All the other minor clarifications are as posted on the 944spec.org rules discussion thread.

Not much new or different. As always, the series directors are keep a watchful eye on developments throughout the nation of 944 Spec for next year, but things are settled for this year.

Jerry, that is the final version. It looks like snuck quietly out before the holidays. I knew it was going to be posted, but was not informed it had been already - sorry for the delay!

Thank you for also removing the Bilstein shock advisory. The Bilsteins are a great low cost alternative to the Koni. The Nationals were won with Bilsteins in 2009 and the 2nd place car in 2010 had them as well (same car).

Happy New Years one and all.