Control Arm replacement question / points - TTD BMW

samgrant951@mac.com

Getting ready to refresh the front suspension for next year and had two questions before I order:

Car is a 99 M Coupe which from the factory uses E36 M3 96-99 control arms.

1) Do I need to stick with OEM replacement arms for that year or could I use OEM 95 M3 arms which are slightly different requiring me to run an offset lower control arm bushing vs. the centered 96+ LCAB or would that require taking points as it would be a control arm change (+4)? I'm not changing the mounting points - just the arm and the bushing within the lower mount to correct the geometry to how it sits right now.

2) Companies make custom delrin lollipops for the lower control arm bushing mounting point - to not gain points and to run a poly/delrin bushing would I need to retain the factory lollipop and just press in a poly/delrin bushing? (Again the mounting point isnt changing just the lollipop/bushing design)

Car is sitting right on the line in TTD and I want to keep it there. Appreciate any help/insight!

Thanks!

Sam

Getting ready to refresh the front suspension for next year and had two questions before I order:

Car is a 99 M Coupe which from the factory uses E36 M3 96-99 control arms.

1) Do I need to stick with OEM replacement arms for that year or could I use OEM 95 M3 arms which are slightly different requiring me to run an offset lower control arm bushing vs. the centered 96+ LCAB or would that require taking points as it would be a control arm change (+4)? I'm not changing the mounting points - just the arm and the bushing within the lower mount to correct the geometry to how it sits right now.

I think this would apply for replacement control arms since the ones you propose to use are not the same as what came on your car:

E9) Replace or modify control arms (other than plates, shims, slots, or eccentric bolts/bushings

for simple camber/caster adjustment only) or RWD/AWD rear trailing arms (may have

spherical/metallic joint for the connection to the spindle/knuckle) +4