points for carb tuning?

bobzdar

I'm running the oem carb on my car but have done some tuning (metering rod changes). Do I have to take +2 under engine 21)? This doesn't seem right given that ecm/pcm reprograms are allowed... Also, I've removed the choke, but can put it back on easily enough if it would cost me points, though that could be considered an intake tract modification.

I'm running the oem carb on my car but have done some tuning (metering rod changes). Do I have to take +2 under engine 21)?

21) Added dry sump oil system +7 (+14 if motor is lowered from OEM location)

You are referring to the 2010 rules/classification forms; you need the 2011 information. Be sure that you review all new items in the 2011 rules.

Mark

Be sure to read the free mods section as well - items C-15 and C-16 might be of interest to you. If its not listed as free, its either illegal or costs points fwiw.

Ah, so jetting is allowed. How about the choke? I have all of the parts, it just doesn't make much sense to have it on there as I'll just leave it unplugged. I took it off to make primary jetting changes easier as the air horn has to come off the carb to change the rods/jets meaning the choke linkage has to be removed any time I want to make an adjustment.

if its not listed as free, its either illegal or costs points.

Sounds like taking the choke off of a carb is a carb modification to me but I'm no carb expert. Read up on the ruleset again and if that still doesn't do it might be worth getting with your regional TT director and/or Greg G. to make sure which one it is.