Solid Lifters points?

Mr. M3

Will be rebuilding my s52 engine from my E36 M3 soon after a catastrophic failure at the last event and am wondering if solid lifters are assessed points?

I don't see any mention of it in section C or section I, so it would likely be considered to be illegal for the "add up the points" method. However, there is a way around this: Install the desired engine parts, dyno the car per the guidelines in section 6.5, submit those sheets and the car's minimum competition weight to Greg Greenbaum, and you will be provided with a new base re-class for your car. Then, fill out the typical TTA-TTF classification forms, but skip sections B and C. Note that this is the "preferred" method of classing cars in TT and PT.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I'd count on taking C17 for +6 since pushrods incur the same points assessment and perform a roughly similar function. Email Greg and find out for us to be certain, and then let us know here too