Question about bushing material

phlip

I know spherical/monoball bushings are not allowed at the pick-up points,

but can I use solid aluminum bushings for the rear torsion bar housing mounts. Not at the pivots, I have delrin for that.

I have them left over from my other 944 racer and would like to use them if possible.

I have read the rules but can't tell for sure.

Oh, by the way I'm another new spec in Texas, won't be in Houston but I'm gonna do my best to be at Cresson

Phil,

Thanks for taking the time to check in before proceeding with this. All metal busings, even outside of the pick up points, are not allowed, but you can sell them for $$ to the 944 Cup or GTS guys (I did). If the rubber in back is in good shape, I'd leave it alone. I've found very little, if any, benefit from going away from the stock rubber in the rear suspension (if it's in good shape). Our cars are light enough, and smaller/spec tires don't tend to stress them like 3,000lb Turbos on 285's Hoosier do! Front suspension is definently worthwhile, rear, not so much (on our Spec setup). The car I'm building for next year will be all OEM rubber in the rear.

Thanks for the replys, I guess I'll leave the stock bushings in the back, except for the spring plate bushings.

Thanks for the invite Al but thats a long drive for a couple of beers, besides all the free time I can find for the next several weeks will be spent getting the car ready for Cresson.

Thanks for the replys, I guess I'll leave the stock bushings in the back, except for the spring plate bushings.

They make Delrin trailing arm bushings too.

Looking forward to racing with you in Texas!

-bj

I am with Doc on this one. The factory bushings (if good) are designed for this car to allow proper movement of the suspension. I run delrin in the spring plate and stock everywhere else.

I put 100% delrin in my last car and it was never as good as my current car with almost all stock stuff.