Standardizing Traqmate on-track power measurements

Joshua

Since the use of Traqmate data loggers will be implemented this year in NASA TT as a means to check on power output while on track, I thought it would be useful to have a discussion on how this technology will be used. I just started using one myself, and find it interesting that there is a lot of variation from one straightaway to another regarding power. Environmental variables such as elevation change, wind direction and speed, and drafting have obvious effects. Also, in order to calculate power accurately, car specifications must be entered into the unit. Assumptions are made about some, in particular drivetrain loss and aerodynamics.

It would be helpful to know the procedure for using the Traqmates for power measurements so that those of us already with the units can make sure that we are compliant.

• National Staff

I will. NASA will determine all of these parameters, and they will be announced once we have determined them. We have a GPS workgroup that will determine them.

Further discussion at this point is moot, and will only serve to cause more problems than solutions. Once we have our protocols, we can have this discussion here. So, for now, thread locked.