Cheap suspension upgrades for Lemons

tjgalati

Hello everyone,

I have a 85 944 lemons car and i want to lower and stiffen the suspension, but i need to do it for less than $100 due to the lemons $500 car worth rule.

Are there any ideas of ways to accomplish the above on a budget? Does anyone have an idea about some cheap coilover sleeves or something?

Maybe someone has some turbo torsion bars for rear?

Any other ideas are welcome.

Thank you, TJ

Fill it full of lead

You can lower the rear by re-indexing the torsion bars but it is a pain. Especially if you have never done it.

Cutting the springs is the best option for the front. Cheap and easy. Get as much weight out of the car as possible. This will have a similar effect as putting in heavier springs.

Looking for free or alomost free heavier sway bars will help.

Find a good sticky DOT tire to use.

Max out your camber front and rear. Put in about 1/8" toe out i front and 1/8" toe in in rear.

Have fun.

If you can find a turbo in a yard, rob it's suspension including front springs, rear torsen bars, and F&R sway bars. What's nice about using these parts is that they are all OEM and will go unnoticed in BS inspection. Is this within rules, spirit, ethics, etc of a LeMons race? Well, sure, just don't over pay for the parts at the yard and sell what you pull off the LeMons car. If it's a break even deal, I'd sleep OK at night.

As for setting up the car, remember you have 1/2" of height adjustment in the rear and you can make wooden shims to adjust the front ride height. This will let you corner balance the car.

-bj