Rear Shock Mounts

D_Eclipse9916

So as not to get totally caught off-gaurd with points as I did with something else (read below), I was wondering if rear shock mounts that are spherical bearings cost points if im already doing shocks and springs. In Free Mods: Suspension (4 it mentions: Shock mount replacement/modification (only if already taking points for both shocks and

springs)(may raise or lower mount location up to two (2) inches if no horizontal movement.)

I already know front camber plates will be free, but I was about to buy spherical rear shock mounts for my suspension and wanted to be absolutely 100% sure I wouldnt get protested at Nationals for something as stupid as that.

Also, I noticed subframe bushings are +3? For some reason I thought Poly (not solid) subframe bushings would fall under suspension bushings that are free. Im moving around mods right now to account for it, but it seems a little ridiculous those would be +3, but I already installed em and it lets me run my X-brace to protect my oil pan. Just wwanted clarification cause if its free, ill pull the x-brace and use the +3 elsewhere.

Im willing to bet that a few people are overlooking these. When I read Replace/Modify, replacing a part with a different material (from hard rubber to poly) would be "modifying". Time to email Greg tonight if he doesnt respond to this thread by then.

Regarding shock mounts, click on this link and scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page (look for the photo), as this was discussed last year (and confirmed by Greg):

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32235&hilit=mount+spherical+joint&start=10

There is also some information on page 1 of that thread.

"Search" can be your friend and find your answers.

Mark

Im willing to bet that a few people are overlooking these. When I read Replace/Modify, replacing a part with a different material (from hard rubber to poly) would be "modifying". Time to email Greg tonight if he doesnt respond to this thread by then.

Thanks, I usually do, I dont know how I missed that.

I did a search on the bushings and it had "something" to do with spherical/solid bushings in the subframe. I really think im going to need to take it, but the guy above me gave me too much hope

Thanks Greg. I wonder which car got subframe bushings to be +3, must be some hella good mod for somebody. But if im going to take it, im going to use it all. Yay X-brace and subframe bushings. Boo spending a lot on suspension to go back to stock sways so I can fit back in my class. Subframes still out of the car but I dont feel like pressing in new OEM bushings.