Need some help to start racing in HC

CRXR

Hi there people ok so i want to start racing in the honda challenge soon, but i need to get in contact with someone that could give some direction as where to get my car inspected before i end up showing up at a event & then not being able to race because of something. Also i have no road racing experience what so ever except for going to skip barber 3 day racing school for my competition license & past autocross experience, but that's nothing really. I just need to talk with someone who knows there stuff. Am located in Mooresville, North Carolina. Thanks.

Hi and welcome, I can get you started. I can come by and take a look at the car and talk with you about anything it may need as I am local in Charlotte. It sounds like you would need to get some additional track time and go to a nasa comp school if you only have a couple days of on track experience though.

First event of the season is coming up in less than two weeks. It is at CMP in Kershaw, SC. Even if you wont be ready to attend you should come out and see how the event is run.

Hi and welcome, I can get you started. I can come by and take a look at the car and talk with you about anything it may need as I am local in Charlotte. It sounds like you would need to get some additional track time and go to a nasa comp school if you only have a couple days of on track experience though.

First event of the season is coming up in less than two weeks. It is at CMP in Kershaw, SC. Even if you wont be ready to attend you should come out and see how the event is run.

Yea that sounds great & i can drive the car to you if thats ok?

I had signed up to be a volunteer at that event but i wont be able to make it now for that weekend.

Welcome to the party! I'm in Salisbury, right down the road as well. We always love to see more HC interest in the Southeast, hopefully we'll see you at CMP in a couple weeks.

Welcome to the party! I'm in Salisbury, right down the road as well. We always love to see more HC interest in the Southeast, hopefully we'll see you at CMP in a couple weeks.

Yea i wont be able to attend that event but hopefully plan to do 2 or 3 HPDE events before i start racing my CRX in HC so i can get the hang of it around the track. Plus there still some more mods i need to finish, but thanks a lot i appreciate the support, cause when i tried to start racing in SCCA or FARA which is a racing org in south florida nobody was of any help at all!!!!!!! So this is big for me!!!!!

IMHO NASA continues to be some of the friendliest, nicest group of people to deal with and the most helpful for entering this great sport.

Everyone has to start somewhere and the NASA people are consummate professionals when it comes to getting you up and running in a safe competitive manner.

IMHO NASA continues to be some of the friendliest, nicest group of people to deal with and the most helpful for entering this great sport.

Everyone has to start somewhere and the NASA people are consummate professionals when it comes to getting you up and running in a safe competitive manner.

I definatly agree with you on that one, way better than SCCA. Cant wait to start racing!!!

• 1 month later...
i'm in greensboro area.....45 minutes from the best track in the world....VIR

chad

Are u going to the NCCAR event in April, thats really close to you.

not sure yet....wife is expecting....due any day....don't know how much track time i'll get this year.

O nice man congrats well hope to see you out there soon