Newbie to HPDE

Joenmina1

Hi all: I am almost positive that I will participate in my first HPDE next month at Infineon. I have a 2011 Mustang GT. I will upgrade the brake pads and fluid and am open to any advice from the folks here. Is there a pit/paddock area? can you leave your extra "stuff" somewhere while you are on the track? For Saturdays can you check in on Friday for tech etc?

Sorry for all the noob queries but that's what noobs do

Hey Newbe...

The best way to find some of the info that you need is to check out the NASA Northern California link that's on this site Go to the main NASA page look to the middle right of the page you will see link for Regional sites open it up click on the northern california pan down through it you will find an HPDE section read it all it will have a lot of helpfull information

also you should try to have your car tech'ed prior to track day ( less stress than trying to do it the morning of track day) on the same page you will find a link for HPDE tech stations in the bay area give them a call , make an appointment, print out the HPDE tech forms and take them with you to the tech shop with that new car you should pass with flying colors. you will need a number for your car so me sure you have that covered Blue or green painters tape work well. bring some basic tools, tire pressure gauge, all required safety equpment, snacks, water, tarp to lay your stuff on.. and something to cover your stuff if it rains. print out the paddock map you can park anywhere they show the little car icons you can go friday afternoon normally after 5:00pm and claim your spot but if you just have your car and no truck & trailer you can just show up early Saturday morning and you will find a spot

Be there early the gates open at 6:00am you should be there around that time so you have time to get all your stuff together have a cup of coffee and relax the driver meeting will be at 7:30 at at the drivers lounge the location is on the paddock map you should be in group 1 the will call your name , assign you an instructor your instructor will find you and give you all the additional information you will need for the rest of the weekend the biggest thing to remember is to relax and have fun... it may take some time to get that big googy smile off your face

RicK

Check out www.nasanorcal.com. There is plenty of information for HPDE first time driver. In NASA Norcal HPDE 1, An instructor will be assigned to you once you sign up for the event. The instructor will answer all of your question thru E-mail prior on the event. Have Fun!!