1 NASA HPDE2 Event under my belt (In a 4000lb Snow Plow)

Camaricopa

Wanted to say Hi and that my first event was the most fun I have ever had in a car....with my clothes on, uum, who am I kidding this was even better and lasted a whole lot longer

I'm driving a 2010 Camaro SS. Slightly moded for the track. Just curious if there were many other guys out there who are tracking there Camaro's (Beyond the 1/4 mile point and shoot thing).

Would be good to hook up and compare notes.

David

I've been to several HDPEs with the new Camaro. One guy I've run with has a supercharger on his and it sure is fast. Be careful with the brakes. It takes a lot of whoa to stop that thing

Ya his name is Gary. I am not sure if he is on here but his Camaro is pretty fast for its size. Like Bukit said mind your brakes, Gary lost his coming down the back straight at Road Atlanta in this past June and when through the gravel trap and up the hill under the bridge. He said there was no warning when they went, brakes were strong in 7 and gone at 10a. Wore them down to the backing plates. I would say check your pads each morning and bring at least 1 spare set.

Deffinetly good advice guys. Brakes were found to be the weakest link my first weekend out. Since then I have upgraded the Fluid, Rotors and Pads (Hawk HP Plus). I have some Hawk Blues to try out as well. Still need to upgrade the lines though.

No Supercharger on my car....maybe someday

Having used Hawk Blues on a lighter car - be prepared to replace your rotors when the blues are used up.

Clean your rims and car with ANYTHING other than soap and water when using the blues.

Those were the two things I hated about using the Hawk Blues.