Base engine size when it changes between model years?

UnsafeAtAnySpd

Not a big deal for me right now, but was just thinking about this and was curious. What if the engine displacement/designation changes between model years for a listed car but they're not separated on the base class list? How would you calculate engine displacement change, etc? Only example of this I know of (their might be others on the list) is the CTS-V. There are virtually no differences between the 04-07 model years with the exception of the engine changing from the LS6 (5.7 liter) to the LS2 (6.0 liter) in '06 (both are rated at 400 hp). The LS2 also has a bigger throttle body, etc as well. Would this fall under updating/backdating rules? Like could you throw an LS2 90mm throttle body on an LS6 without taking points?

Not a big deal for me right now, but was just thinking about this and was curious. What if the engine displacement/designation changes between model years for a listed car but they're not separated on the base class list? How would you calculate engine displacement change, etc? Only example of this I know of (their might be others on the list) is the CTS-V. There are virtually no differences between the 04-07 model years with the exception of the engine changing from the LS6 (5.7 liter) to the LS2 (6.0 liter) in '06 (both are rated at 400 hp). The LS2 also has a bigger throttle body, etc as well. Would this fall under updating/backdating rules? Like could you throw an LS2 90mm throttle body on an LS6 without taking points?

no you can't throw an LS2 throttle body on an LS6 without taking points.

I think if you swapped the 6 liter into a car that came with the 5.7 you'd still need a dyno reclass. Not an official answer.