Question on subframe reinforcement and some others

bobzdar

Per F4, will subframe connectors and poly or solid bushings be +3 total or +3 for each? Also, optional on my car were front suspension mount bars to prevent deflection, (simple bar with 2 bolts on lower rear control arm mounts), would this be another +1 or another +3 or included under F4? I don't have them but may add if there are free in conjunction with sfc's or if I have points to spare.

Also, I bought replacement SS one piece valves to replace the stock 2 piece valves (same size) as the stocks are known to separate into their 2 pieces at inopportune times, just want to make sure this isn't a points mod. Any points for valve job or valve seat replacement? No porting or shaving of the heads is planned, just want a good seal when I replace the valves.

Also, the original engine from my ('78) car is long gone, but it has a complete prior year ('77) engine that is identical in every way. The only difference between the '77 and '78 base model was the pattern on the grill, the door panels and the rear gearing was a 3.42 instead of 3.23. There were some more options available on the '78, but mine doesn't have any of them that would affect classification.

4) Add or modify other chassis stiffening devices or fabricated parts (such as lower strut braces or lower arm braces (with

greater than two attachment points), subframe connectors, subframe braces, subframe mounts/bushings, etc) +3

Pick one, some, or all of those line items, and it will cost +3 total. You might as well knock yourself out and do all of them that apply to your car.

Also, I bought replacement SS one piece valves to replace the stock 2 piece valves (same size) as the stocks are known to separate into their 2 pieces at inopportune times, just want to make sure this isn't a points mod. Any points for valve job or valve seat replacement? No porting or shaving of the heads is planned, just want a good seal when I replace the valves.

See this (bolding/italics mine):

Some parts that are produced by aftermarket manufacturers as generic replacement parts may not require a points assessment provided that: they are the same size and shape, and have the same functional characteristics as the OEM part, and that they provide no significant improvement in performance, longevity, or reliability.

Some sort of points assessment would have to be made; C18 mentions valves, but doesn't exactly apply to your modification. It might be best to build the engine however you want, then request a base re-class based on rwhp and minimum competition weight (allowing you to skip sections B and C altogether).

Mark