Dyno reclass question

jimbow

I'll be including this question in my email to Greg:

With the reclass any points in section C Engine that I would normally take, I don't take any more - correct?

To be clear I have headers, updated cats, modified cat back (23, 24 & 25). Normally that would be +5.

With the reclass I don't need to take those points anymore - correct?

I also would not take the 1 point for my cut air lid - correct?

Just trying to get all my ducks in a row. Should have the Dyno and weight done tomorrow.

Need to have all my paperwork together by next Friday

I'm hoping for 370ish, I'll be happy with anything over 350.

I just got a mail order tune based on the golen 383.

It will work for the first few events, then I'll go to their shop and get a full Dyno Tune and submit those results to Greg.

I'm hoping for TTB** or TTA cause the Z07 suspension package adds 3 for shocks, 2 for sways and 2 for springs. TTA with no * will be perfect with the 275 size tire I like to run.

Well the mail order tune was not even close

Runs real rich and peak HP was 314, peak torque was 333

OH well its good enough for CMP and Road Atl. I'll take it to the Dyno tune shop in April and get a new answer from Greg then.

Oh and its a real heavy pig 3183 lb without driver

I'm hoping for TTB**

I'd bet between TTA and TTA* on the reclass at 3383#/314hp. I'm at 3000#/268hp for a TTA reclass with an AWD sedan. I'd be interested to know what you actually get.

I'm hoping for TTB** or TTA cause the Z07 suspension package adds 3 for shocks, 2 for sways and 2 for springs. TTA with no * will be perfect with the 275 size tire I like to run.

Folks wanted an update. Greg sent me an email with 3 HP levels based on 3400lbs competition weight.

Since the dyno tune should come close I'll use the TTB** option. That way if it tunes under that I don't have to bother him any more this year.

TTB + 14

Tires(275) R6 +11 A6 +14

Suspension +7

Total + 32 or +35 = TTA

Leaves me room for big brakes when I can afford them

Greg pointed something out to me that got me thinking a little bit. Given the same base class, say TTA, in general a heavier car is given a better hp/weight than a lighter car-- something on the order of .32 ratio per 100# when reclassing. If you don't mind me hijacking this thread but staying on topic, which one would you folks chose? A heavier car with Hp/weight of 10.5 for instance or a 400# lighter car with a ratio of 11.7? Or perhaps somewhere in between those two would be a better choice? Some benefits of the smaller car would be better braking and lower moment of inertia, but how much that offsets raw hp/weight is a bit of a mystery. Opinions?

It will vary from track to track, but I would go towards lower weight.

this - long straights that extra hp to punch through the air on the top end is great. If there aren't enough long straights to pay off then the low weight to help under braking and cornering is the way to go.

lighter car/less peak power. you can still build a really nice torque curve on the lighter car.

for your typical 2 mile track, 400 lb is 4 secs a lap. you need a lot of power to make up 4 secs a lap. 400 less lb is that much less wear/tear on the equipment to