Dyno reclass ? (a different one)

911s

I need help in estimating how much time to budget for a getting a dyno reclassification.

For those of you that have been through the process of dyno reclassifying your car:

How long did it take to get your new base classification(s) back once you submitted the dyno chart and other pertinent information to Greg?

Days, weeks etc...........

Thank you.

Edited by Guest

I need help in estimating how much time to budget for a getting a dyno reclassification.

For those of you that have been through the process of dyno reclassifying your car:

How long did it take to get your new base classification(s) back once you submitted the dyno chart and other pertinent information to Greg?

Days, weeks etc...........

Thank you.

Derik,

Are you looking for a dyno reclass or just a dyno so you can up to TTS?? If reclass then get it in soon Homestead is only 5 weeks away.

Peter

Ken and Scott, thanks for the input.

Peter, what's up? I actually had less than 24 hours to pull a dyno run out of my rear for the last Homestead event in order to run in TTS. It worked out okay. I got beat on and everybody was happy.

This time it is a reclassification. I seem to use the annual break in the schedule to rationalize how I can improve the car to keep competitive with those turbo and V-8 guys. It may be a lost cause. However, I am doing my part to stimulate the economy. Five weeks should be plenty, but my tub, engine and transmission are all occupying separate areas of the garage. I had lots of deferred maintenance items to deal with in addition to the wish list. The shop personnel would like to recover some floor space at the garage. They are waiting on me to tell them if I still need stuff like the ac and what not.

Joseph, TTB? Maybe, I'll go either way to make it a party. It's no fun tooling around all alone.

Cage it and come race! How much power does it make?

Joseph,

325 RWHP give or take according to my most recent run.

It's tough to add HP so I was trying the other route. I would assume you are in the same boat with your car. Maybe not?

After September, I will either put a cage in this or try to be smart for once and buy something that already has one.

You should Derik, though the only problem is you cant instruct as the schedules overlap. As long as Mark's brother keeps coming back with his FFR, we should start having 3-4 PTA cars for the remainder of the season.

Derik,

I just received reclass emails from Greg for Joshua and Victor last night; they emailed their requests to Greg on January 10/11. However, Ian sent a request on January 14, and received his reclass on January 26. So, the window is anywhere from 12 days to 3+ weeks.

Daniel and Gustavo are selling their GT3s, and apparently plan to buy a couple of used Cup cars to also run with PCA and PBOC. Maybe you can get in on a "group buy" if you find somebody whose McMansion is in foreclosure and bought 3 Cup cars with a HELOC back in 2007.

Mark

Ken and Scott, thanks for the input.

Peter, what's up? I actually had less than 24 hours to pull a dyno run out of my rear for the last Homestead event in order to run in TTS. It worked out okay. I got beat on and everybody was happy.

This time it is a reclassification. I seem to use the annual break in the schedule to rationalize how I can improve the car to keep competitive with those turbo and V-8 guys. It may be a lost cause. However, I am doing my part to stimulate the economy. Five weeks should be plenty, but my tub, engine and transmission are all occupying separate areas of the garage. I had lots of deferred maintenance items to deal with in addition to the wish list. The shop personnel would like to recover some floor space at the garage. They are waiting on me to tell them if I still need stuff like the ac and what not.

Joseph, TTB? Maybe, I'll go either way to make it a party. It's no fun tooling around all alone.

Derik,

Don't spend any more money on your car if you are thinking about going racing. Get a 6GT3 Cup and be done with it. They can be had for reasonable money with 04 updates. Stay away from the 7GT3 Cups unless you like spending lots $$$$$$$ on tranny rebuilds. I know it sucks to run in a class without any competition.

Should finally see you at Homestead in March as I finally got the M3 back. It will get clobbered in TTC as the suspension needs a major upgrade but at least I can help out on the tire contingency #'s.

Peter

Derik,

I just received reclass emails from Greg for Joshua and Victor last night; they emailed their requests to Greg on January 10/11. However, Ian sent a request on January 14, and received his reclass on January 26. So, the window is anywhere from 12 days to 3+ weeks.

Daniel and Gustavo are selling their GT3s, and apparently plan to buy a couple of used Cup cars to also run with PCA and PBOC. Maybe you can get in on a "group buy" if you find somebody whose McMansion is in foreclosure and bought 3 Cup cars with a HELOC back in 2007.

Mark

Uncle Mark,

I sent a brilliant response to this earlier today, but I have no idea where it went. I'll do my best to paraphrase.

Thanks for the perspective on the time frame for the reclass. The guy working on the car calls me every day or so asking when he can put the car back together. I keep telling him soon grasshopper, very soon. I suppose I can tell him to remove the unnecessary stuff. I will miss the ac. I would rather have it instead of ballast if I had the choice.

I am going to join the race group just so I can spend more quality time with your brother. I love that guy.

Cup cars are cool, no doubt. Driving one would eliminate a lot of the excuses I use now. I'll just have to blame the economy for not having the right updates.

HELOC? Those were good times. I thought I was the only guy who was smart enough to use one of those to buy a bunch of toys that are worth 25% of what I paid for them. I'm fortunate I like my house because I will payoff my 30 year mortgage before I pay down my LOC.

Derik,

Don't spend any more money on your car if you are thinking about going racing. Get a 6GT3 Cup and be done with it. They can be had for reasonable money with 04 updates. Stay away from the 7GT3 Cups unless you like spending lots $$$$$$$ on tranny rebuilds. I know it sucks to run in a class without any competition.

Should finally see you at Homestead in March as I finally got the M3 back. It will get clobbered in TTC as the suspension needs a major upgrade but at least I can help out on the tire contingency #'s.

Peter

Peter,

What is it with you guys and your Cup Car peer pressure? JK.

You are absolutely correct. If I can find a bank or a ill informed sponsor who will put me behind the wheel of a fresh 996 Cup, I'm there.

I am spending $$$$$ on my car unfortunately. Most of it is deferred maintenance. Transmission, clutch etc.... Some of it's for useful stuff (AIM and Video) that I can move.

TTC is a good place to be. It's not a lonely class.

I am looking forward to Homestead. I like that place. It's not my best venue, but I always have a good time there on and off the track.