Porsche 996 Turbo

11gttt

My buddy is trying to purchase a car for Time Trial, and has a question about the Porsche Turbo TTA* classification. I know the rules say all power adders add 5 pts, but is that for a car that is already classed with the turbo. It already takes a 7 point addition in the rules.

Thanks,

Bryan

Correct; all OEM-equipped power adder cars get an additional +5 point assessment. This is likely because these cars are able to significantly increase their power levels with the "no-points" ECU tuning that is allowed (see rules section I, page 28), while naturally aspirated cars do not have that luxury.

If the power adder car has received a base reclass from the National Director based on its minimum competition weight and dyno results (whether the power adder is OEM-equipped or aftermarket), then that additional +5 point assessment is skipped.

Mark

Correct; all OEM-equipped power adder cars get an additional +5 point assessment. This is likely because these cars are able to significantly increase their power levels with the "no-points" ECU tuning that is allowed (see rules section I, page 28), while naturally aspirated cars do not have that luxury.

If the power adder car has received a base reclass from the National Director based on its minimum competition weight and dyno results (whether the power adder is OEM-equipped or aftermarket), then that additional +5 point assessment is skipped.

Mark

likely? It IS because of that

If there were a way to police ECU reflashes that rule and freebie wouldn't have happened... but there isn't and you can thank a couple dishonest competitors that exploited that opening for the way things are on this subject. It sucks, but that's why things are the way they are.