LS1 in AI???

tacovini

Seeing that here in Texas we now have a winning AI Camaro with Mike Patterson's LS1 Camaro, I'm just curious if any other regions are seing any LS1 cars in AI?

Is Mike the sole LS1?

Using the media tag lines, is it safe to now say...

Patterson holds "the fastest LS1 in American Iron?"

Just curious as we finalize our Texas Race Recap.

-=- Todd

The HorsePower Factory here in Springfield built a LS1 3rd gen Camaro for Cam McElwrath. It was finished toward the end of the season last year and I don't think it was entered in any competitions. I drove it for a day at one of the putnam park events.... Cam loaned it to me to qualify for my comp licence since the imp wasn't done.

It has a lot of potential and we worked out a lot of bugs that weekend... so it should be a strong car this year. Although I think Cam may just be interested in the Enduro events.

Yes, LS1 in an old 83 Z28, with a T56 6 speed. I am definitely doing the enduros for midwest region, most likely do AI also. No promises about anything but the enduros. after testing a little bit, i can say i love the mpg of the LS1, does not use near the gas i thought it would under load.

John Vickerman's car actually made too much power for AI last year, so he moved up AIX. He finished second to Griswold's monster.

It would have to be a pretty stock-ish LS1 to avoid grossly exceeding the hp/weight rule for most LS1 camaros at "normal"race weights. John's cam and heads helped put him right out of range!

yeah, my car is very stock-ish, to keep the weight/hp thing in check. i don't have the resources to move up to AIX at the moment, want to stay in the AI area.

There are two Camaros in the West, but both are LT1s as far as I know. Christine just built a new engine, so she may have upgraded.

That would be me in the 'other' camaro out running AI out here . We both just put new motors in. Christine's died of FOD. Elvis #3's ringland left the building in mind.

- Nick

(No rules were bent in the creation of post )

Nick, I didn't know you also installed a new bullet.

If I had known that you're such a pansy and need to feel important all of the time, I would have mentioned you by name. I'm sorry for any trauma I may have caused and I really hope that you don't file suit against me.