Turbo Crew: harmonic vibration, hardware stress, Young's Mod

hustler

I have severe problems with vibration and "soft hardware". It started with stretching turbine/manifold flange bolts; now that I have v-bands I'm stretching the CHRA/turbine bolts.

5399841812_883b8a2e86_b.jpg

More specifically, look at the safety-wired bolts:

oism7a.jpg

k32d5z.jpg

I've had pretty good luck with the SS bolts using Inco safety-wire and only have to tighten them every 10-hours or so. Without wire or with SS wire the bolts and wire relax enough to let the CHRA shift and destroy itself.

I've talked with a lot of people who don't believe I have this problem with the CHRA, TiAL says I'm one of the very few with this problem. I spoke with someone well versed in turbo design (an engineer for a large turbo company) who recommended I copy the Mazdaspeed Miata design (below) which is difficult considering my set-up, but not impossible:

b_205841.jpg

I recently acquired Inco CHRA/turbine bolts and they're going to an EDM shop for safety-wire drilling, hopefully this will fix the problem. Does anyone else have experience with this or a recommendation?