How far back can I mount my wing

ckdc

Are there any limits on how far back I can mount my wing in GTS? I'm planning on running a few BMWCCA Dmod races too so would like to fit in both categories. I have fiberglass MA Shaw trunk lid on my e36 body and will be fabbing a mounting structure to the frame rails inside the trunk vs. using the deck lid.

It's a Pennon CF wing with the narrow aluminum uprights.

Thanks-

Are there any limits on how far back I can mount my wing in GTS? I'm planning on running a few BMWCCA Dmod races too so would like to fit in both categories. I have fiberglass MA Shaw trunk lid on my e36 body and will be fabbing a mounting structure to the frame rails inside the trunk vs. using the deck lid.

Thanks-

You can mount it wherever you want in GTS.

Thanks-

As Julian stated, not limit in GTS. In BMW Club Modified, it cannot be higher that the roof line, wider than the widest body part of the car(not the mirrors) and no further back than 16 inches from the farthest point of the rear bumper when viewed from above.

-Scott B.

Thanks guys- I'll do some research on rear wing aero for sports cars. Any suggestions?

Fulcrum has some really nice stuff from what I've seen, they'd be my first call

Thanks- I mentioned in my original post I have a nice Pennon Carbon Fiber wing- any reason I shouldn't stick with it?

No reason you can't use it. You'll need to make the uprights for it and such. Eric,since we're advertising here.... Brooksmotorsports has a wing and mounts designed for the BMW. Check it out: http://Http://www.brooksmotorsport.com

Scott's wing is very nice too.

-Scott B.

I have the uprights and mounting bracket form Pennon too. Need to design the support fabrication in the trunk. I have seen some good suggestions and pics on the forums.

Nice pics on the wings Scott!