Need Advice - Source/Installation of 3 Link Rear Suspension

bulletpruf

Fellas -

Trying to figure out a budget and a plan for my rear suspension. Race car fab shop I deal with has been super busy and haven't been able to get an estimate from them.

Car is a 71 Javelin, 401, 4 sp, 450 or so hp, cage, etc. It's street legal, but built to conform to American Iron rules. Right now it has an AMC 20 rear with two piece axles (i.e., prone to breakage). Plan is to go with a 3 link, coil overs, and a Ford 9". I know there are companies that make 3 link kits, and I'm guessing that I could find something that would fit, but are most folks getting these built from scratch or are they using a kit? If it's a kit, any recommendations on something sturdy and well-engineered? If from scratch, any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages?

Looks like this will be fairly pricey, too. Kit will cost $1,000 minimum, I think, then labor for the install.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Scott

• National Staff

Sorry, can't help you much with your question, but I did want to let you know that if you go through the floorpan with the 3rd link that the car will not be legal in Super Touring should you decide to Supersize or switch classes.

Found some threads on 3 links over on corner carvers. Looks like Factory Five Racing sells a 3 link kit that some folks have used.

Scott