Let's get those TOYO forms to me asap!

Tim Comeau

Down load the form from the NASA website, fill it out and fax or mail it to me.

PM me for fax number.

Edited by Guest

Ok, got Jim Marks' form for 5th place finish on Saturday. Thanks, Jim. When the race results come out on my laps.com , I'll mail it in.

Is it me or are the toyo bucks a heck of a lot less than last year. I remember getting $100-$200 for a weekend. $5 and $10 certificates are kind of silly.

Are they/we doing POC bucks also?

Man I can't catch a break! Fastest lap on the track isn't always the winning car? What does it mean to be always the runner up? DOH!!! I'm only good for 2nd's and 3rd's. Bummer man!

P.D.

The POC has the same program with TOYO as NASA does. Toyo extended the same agreement! So now the winners in both groups can prosper.

Cool Eric. I had heard that discussion but didn't hear that it got the nod. Goof to know. With enough 2nd's and 3rd's I can at least get to the Toyo value of a 1st place!

P.D.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I launched Jason W.'s form off to TOYO TIRES today.

Anybody else want some tires dollars?

TOYO TIRES is awarding bucks down to 5th place this year. It all helps.

Tim, they will not return phone calls/enquiries? Jason and I both left messages a couple times each asking if they would award bucks through Topless, the new supplier to POC? The question was, we had ordered them from Topless BEFORE the Toyo bucks had expired. But Topless had not ordered them until the week before they were delivering which was Tribute weekend, 1 week AFTER expiry date. So, they didn't want to take the rebate, not knowing if Toyo would honor them? So now, we (Jason included) would like to send them to Toyo to get the rebate directly. If you can get in touch with someone in charge, can you please ask them if they will send the refund to us if we send them (Toyo) the rebate checks?

Cheers,

P.D.

Bill, the 2005 forms are on the nasa pro racing website under the TOYO TIRES banner. Awards to 5th if 5 or more starters. I can fax you one if you can't find it .

Dylan, how the heck did we get into this mess??

It says right on the rebate check and the rebate form that it must go to an authorized TOYO TIRES motorsports dealer........

There is a dealer list under the contingency program on the NASA website. Topless isn't on there.

Just so everyone in the class knows.......

Here's the sequence of events in the rebate program:

1. You finish well.

2. You fill out the forms and get them to me.

3. I get them to TOYO TIRES with the race results.

4. TOYO TIRES mails you the rebate check.

5. Order your tires from an authorized dealer and mail the rebate check to them at the same time.

6. Go racing with your new tires.

Please tell me what the dates are on all the rebate checks in question.

I assume these were earned at a NASA event?

If they're from a NASA event, I'll see what I can do to help.

They were from a NASA event. One is not expired, but the other expired March 31st. Topless is a "new" supplier, so probably not on the list yet? The sequence of events was that we ordered them 2 weeks before the expiry. They said they would deliver to the track for free, which was 1 week after the expiry. When they called to confirm, they informed they had just ordered the tires themselves, 1-2 days after the expiry. They didn't want to take the rebate to find they would not be re-imbursed? So we started making calls that week, before the Tribute weekend but did not get a response from the Toyo rebate powers to be. So, we hung onto them, hoping to get an answer?

So bottom line;

1) We ordered before the expiry.

2) Topless ordered after expiry, didn't know this ourselves

3) Will Toyo just send us the rebate?

4) I've got hundreds of dollars of 'other' Toyo rebates that I never got to use that expired.

5) It would sure help if they could last for 12 months rather than 3?

Thanks for helping.

P.D.

I'll see what I can do to help. It looks like the first and biggest mistake was not going to an authorized, listed dealer.

I've got to go work on Sean Steele's 944-spec car right now, but we'll try hard to slavage your value. No promises, but I'll go to bat for you to the extent possible.

Thanks sir. But, they are an autorized dealer, just that they are a 'new' autorized dealer. So they are not up on how it all works yet. I was supporting a tire supplier that supported the club by bringing tires to the track. It's the same supplier you guys were trying to buy tires from, Topless.

Thanks again,

P.D.

• 2 weeks later...