245 tires on a teg R?

Roadrace

What is the current thinking for tire size on a teg r, has anybody have success running 245 size tires? If so what tire brand and rim size do you think works best to go with them?

We are running BFG's R1's and like them for their longevity in endurance racing. We use 225 x 50's on 15 x 7 rims. I am seeing more and more cars going with 235 or 245 size tires and was interested in what was your thinking about what to do,

- Stay the same

- Keep the tire size but go to wider wheels

- Go to 8" or wider 17's and 245's.

Whatya think?

thanks

- Stay the same

- Keep the tire size but go to wider wheels

- Go to 8" or wider 17's and 245's.

Whatya think?

thanks

Neither...go with 255's....the 2007 H1 national championship winning Integra had them. 255-40-17 RA-1's on 17x9 wheels

see for yourself: http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/htup_0803_hasport_1995_acura_integra_honda_challenge/index.html

But I thought friction was independent of surface area?

With the luxurious assumptions of no friction surface deformations or deterioration...

Oh no! You mean tires don't follow the laws of Coulomb friction? But what if I don't want to deal with rubber hysteresis because it doesn't fit on the back of this envelope I have?