Honda powered kit cars in HU

drierson

Since we have an unlimited class now, how about we let Honda powered kit cars also run in this class. We have two F20C (S2000) powered WCM Ultralights here in the Texas region that run in SUU which is in our same run group. We are seriously hurting for Honda Challenge participants (4-6 per event) and it would help our cause to gain a few members. What do you guys think??

That is an awesome idea. I am totally for running honda based purpose built racecars in HU. I am currently running H4, but will be in HU if this idea goes through. Or maybe a new class in HC, like HGT or HSR. Let me know what I can do to help you guys get this started. I really want to see it happen.

If you would like this to be considered, you will need to fill out the Rules Request form available here: http://www.hondachallenge.com/news/HC-Rule-Request.pdf

Fill it out & send it in. This is something that will go beyond just one Regional Director's authority. It will have to go to the Rules Committee.

FYI, the concept of what would considered outside the bounds in HU was specifically discussed. It had to be a Honda/Acura 'body'. It had to be at least 'based on a Honda/Acura powerplant' (eg aftermarket block copy of a Honda/Acura powerplant). I am not trying to discourage you from sending the request in. I am just telling you that we had gone thru different scenarios that might arise.

FYI, the concept of what would considered outside the bounds in HU was specifically discussed. It had to be a Honda/Acura 'body'. It had to be at least 'based on a Honda/Acura powerplant' (eg aftermarket block copy of a Honda/Acura powerplant). .

Can you be more specific about what a "honda body" means. Because you allow aftermarket copies of the motors, it would imply that aftermarket chassis that take the shape of honda oem bodies might be legal(ie full space frame w/composite replica body peices ala an Factory Five Cobra or Lotus7)

Perhaps a class like this is something that could be interesting. Not to dilute the classes further, but I think people would be interested in a class were you could go all out. Limiting it to honda powerplants and such might limit cost, and make an "affordable" mixed class for semi and full frame GT cars. Creative engineering for less cost.

I bet some pretty interesting cars would show up.

The tube/chassis was to be a Honda or Acura model. I used the term 'body' poorly, perhaps. It was meant to imply no further mods above H1.

Tube frames & partial tube frames were discussed. The consensus was they would not be allowed.

Again, I wouldn't discourage the use of the form. I am just being upfront with the discussion that took place.

Can you give us some details about the discussion and the decision, so that if we use the rules form, we can make an intelligent case for them? Or even maybe give us a good reason to not pursue them.

Chris, you are killing me

If you want to write a rules request, just do it. It will be given fair & dilligent consideration.

PM sent.

If you want to write a rules request, just do it. It will be given fair & dilligent consideration.

PM sent.

Mike Quan-

"You're killing me, Chris. You're just killing me..."

"What is that?... Where are your light buckets?... Aww, dude cmom. It's in the rules. You're KILLING ME!"

PM sent.

Mike Quan-

"You're killing me, Chris. You're just killing me..."

"What is that?... Where are your light buckets?... Aww, dude cmom. It's in the rules. You're KILLING ME!"

Nice