limits on itr build for HC

shinobi

I'm new to HC and trying to get started I'm also wondering about the specs on the motor for HC like if I run ITR motor does it have to remain complete stock or can it upgraded alittle

I'm new to HC and trying to get started I'm also wondering about the specs on the motor for HC like if I run ITR motor does it have to remain complete stock or can it upgraded alittle

Are you going to be running in the HPDE groups, or do you have enough experience to start racing? If you're still in HPDE, then I think it would make sense to make minimal changes to the motor, or at the most, to build it to the current H2 rules. From what I've read, most of the people currently in Honda Challenge are running H2, and it sounds like a H2 engine might last longer and be cheaper than something built to H1 rules. If you do minimal upgrading right now, and will be running HPDE learning for a little while, then you can always build up the engine before going to TT and then racing, but if you build up the engine now for H1, then you won't be able to use it directly if you later decide to go into H2 (like you can do more porting in H1 than H2). Also, the rules sometimes change. - Jim

• 4 weeks later...

cool man thanks alot that's what i need to know.You guys are awsome!!! I'm not new to racing just to HC so i'll just take your advise and train. Also from what your telling me it sounds like my motor specs are for H1 I'm just about done building it.

cool man thanks alot that's what i need to know.You guys are awsome!!! I'm not new to racing just to HC so i'll just take your advise and train. Also from what your telling me it sounds like my motor specs are for H1 I'm just about done building it.

What are the specs for the motor?

In NorCal H1 is mostly dead, H2 is the more common class.