are cell phone mounts allowed in hpde1?

sorinel999

i would like to attach a suction cup type cell phone holder to my windshield so i can tape my sessions using my cell phone. is this allowed?

Depends on the track saftey rules.

VIR - probably no

Other tracks may require a tether to keep it from flying around and hitting you in the head. Reminds me I need to get the mount for my go pro installed before the end of June.

What difference does it make what track I am at? Isn't nasa the one making the rules? Do these rules change from track to track?

I used my Droid and windshield mount yesterday in DE-1 at Summit and it worked great. I asked my instructor if it was fine with him and he said as long as it didn't bother me he didn't care.

I think the best thing for me to do is to ask the event director whether or not I can use the windshield mount. If he says yes then good, otherwise I won't use it.

I think the best thing for me to do is to ask the event director whether or not I can use the windshield mount. If he says yes then good, otherwise I won't use it.

You can't go wrong by asking your event director, as s/he should be aware of the rules.

For future reference, the answer is in the CCR, as follows:

11.4.17 Camera Mounts

Video camera mounts should be approved by tech before entering the course at every

event. Cameras should use at least one (1) bolt to attach the camera to the mount; and

at least one strap should be used to secure the camera. Cameras under six (6) ounces

need not be tethered or strapped.

Mark

• 1 month later...

I am still using a car mount cell phone holder for my HTC P3702, the suction pad can stick to any flat surface in my car and the clip seizes my phone firmly. Besides, it is easy to assemble and disassemble.

It is really cool

Edited by Guest