Calling all GTS'ers - your invited to our THAWOUT May 6/7

GMP Performance

Fellow NASA GTS competitors, I started running an Audi S3 this year and have met a number of you. Its been great getting into the series and I am excited to be a participant. I wanted to reach out and invite you all to our annual track day and open house. We have been doing the event for a few years and it is known as THAWOUT. This year will be held Friday May 6th and Saturday May 7th, 2011.

The track day is held at CMP in Kershaw, SC on Friday. We are offering this track day to our local customers/enthusiasts to introduce them to high performance driving and give them an opportunity to enjoy their modified street vehicles and experience track time first hand with an instructor. This is a "Club" day for Palmetto Motorsports Club to give the participants an idea of what the club is all about. The run groups will be divided into "Novice", "Solo" for experienced track day participants and "Super-Solo" for time trial type drivers and racers. We will have a minimum of 5 20 minute sessions that Friday.

This year, we have invited the APR Motorsports team to come up. We are the local APR distributor and have arranged with The APR Motorsports team to have their trailer up for the weekend. They will be offering ride-alongs in one of their Continental Challenge VW GTI's with Ian Baas and he will also be available to ride along with participants in their vehicles.

Saturday's event is an open house at our shop located at 710 Pressley Road, Charlotte, NC 28217. We will be packing up after the track day on Friday along with APR and will setup both our trailers to have the vehicles on display for the open house, Saturday. APR Motorsports president Bill Baas will host a "Why we race" presentation and we are also negotiating with BBS and Michelin for them to attend and present as well.

I would like to extend a personal invite for all you guys to sign-up for the track day on Friday and display your racecars at our open house on Saturday. The price for the track day is $299. However, since everyone is self-sufficient and wouldn't necessarily need any of our track support, I can offer the day for $225.

Saturday's open house event is from 11am to 3pm and it would be great to have a full display of our GTS cars for attending enthusiasts to see what drives our motorsports passions.

I have included the links for both days with all the details and registration. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Links:

Track Day http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail&PID=202185

Show Day http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail&PID=226180

We really appreciate your support and hope to hear from you soon.

Stephen Klitzsch

The site reads "tech inspections to be performed at GMP"

Is our annual NASA tech ok?

Annual tech should be fine. We are a tech station so we will bring a couple extra sheets just in case.