HPDE 4 question.

I have a SCCA regional lic. and want to run in a nasa HPDE event. What is needed to run in group 4? I am already a nasa memeber. Is my SCCA lic, good enough to put me in group 4?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome. Best to check with your nearest regional director. Which region or event(s) are you inquiring about and how much track experience do you have?

I would actually contact the chief instructor; Jay Tepper. He will most likely want you to take a check out ride in one of the lower groups before signing you off.

Cool thanks guys for all your help!

The only problem is I have a spec miata with no passenger seat. I have a bunch of ballast sitting there.

Besides racing in the SCCA for 3 years I also did the Skip Barber Racing School at LRP.

Will be racing the NHMS test day and SCCA race on May 27-30.

Would definitely have no problem running in a lower group. Just want to have some safe fun, and no worries of people getting crazy just for a plastic trophy.

I would actually contact the chief instructor; Jay Tepper. He will most likely want you to take a check out ride in one of the lower groups before signing you off.

So, if he has a current SCCA comp license, he could race with no questions asked, BUT would need a check ride for HPDE??? I'm just say'n.....