Traqmate vs Racepak vs Others

Fursty

I am looking at purchasing one of these GPS systems for track days. Please let me know the pros/cons of any of these systems or your recommendations.

I like the Traqmate - so easy even this idiot can use it

The Racepak G2X I've used before. It certainly does the job, but the software is tough to use and it is kind of a pain to setup initially.

The big thing might be to see what's more popular in your area - if there are a ton of people using one system its easy to share maps, get help, share ideas, etc.

Just my $0.02

Just bought the Traqmate for the same reason as stated above. In my group guys are running various brands so sharing info will be tough but Traqmate seems to be gaining market so I'm hoping it becomes the standard.

• National Staff

TraqMate because if you ever decide to go into competition, this will be the brand you will be getting tech inspected with.

• Members
TraqMate because if you ever decide to go into competition, this will be the brand you will be getting tech inspected with.

Agreed. Even a newbie region like ours has purchased two units for compliance.

How exactly is Traqmate implemented in tech (just being curious)?

For 2011 we have just been gathering data on competition vehicles. In the meantime, the Traqmate has been making it into HPDE3 cars for coaching purposes. This is a pilot program here in RM, but so far our HPDE3 drivers have been positive about it.