Hallett Summer Shootout

Al F.

• Members

The Hallett Summer Shootout racing format is different than our typical race weekends, closer in fact to the format run at the Championship weekends. Exact details of the schedule will be published closer to the event date, but this is the format:

We will start the weekend with a warmup and a qualifying session for the first race. We will then run three "qualifying races", each approximately 25 minutes. All of these are points scoring races for the regional championships, and the first is a Toyo race for applicable classes. Starting grid for races 2 and 3 will depend on the class: finish order of the previous race, best lap time during the previous race, invert from the previousace, etc. Those details will be resolved soon.

Total points collected (no drops! lol) during the first three races will be used to set the grid for race 4; a 45 minute winner take all showdown to determine the Summer Shootout Winner!! This fourth race will also be a Toyo race for applicable classes.

With over two hours of green flag racing, a Championship style qualification format that requires consistency, the world famous Hallett Saturday night party, and drivers participating from multiple NASA regions you do not want to miss this event!!

Anybody interested in winning a GTS National Championship should probably consider making this race.

Pretty much all the top runners will be in attendance and the results of this weekend will probably the results of Mid O in September. If you need to take a peak at the competition *before* going to Nationals, this is the weekend.

By my count, there should be 2 or 3 of the current GTS National Champs in attendance.

Pretty much all the top runners will be in attendance and the results of this weekend will probably the results of Mid O in September.

Really?....

• 2 weeks later...

Spreading like a wild fire.

We now have competitor representation from the following regions:

Mid West

Mid South

South East

Texas

Rocky Mountain

Central

Arizona

And one racer from So-Cal who still claims he's from Rocky Mountain.....

As Ken says, it's really our version of SCCA's June Sprints. We just call it the "Summer Shootout" and this cult classic has been growing each year.... It's really starting to turn into the Who's Who preview of the Championships.

Pretty much all the top runners will be in attendance and the results of this weekend will probably the results of Mid O in September.

Really?....

It would be a lot of fun if you made the trip to race with myself, Jay Matus, Bill Woods, and Bassam A. who is coming on strong. And if Alex Sabados makes the trip, as she did last year, we'll have the defending Natl. Champ.

This will be a fast and competitive GTS4 run group, you really should be here!

It would be a lot of fun if you made the trip to race with myself, Jay Matus, Bill Woods, and Bassam A. who is coming on strong. And if Alex Sabados makes the trip, as she did last year, we'll have the defending Natl. Champ.

This will be a fast and competitive GTS4 run group, you really should be here!

Awfully tempting Rob, but that's a heck of a long haul for a weekend race albeit with a good lineup. Also I'm configured for ST2 which means I run at 9.8 so you 3.6 boys would have a definite advantage. My latest dyno is only 268 rwhp unfortunately. If I make it to the Nationals I'll run both groups hopefully pulling out more HP out of my 3.4 then adding back weight for ST2. I'm down to about 2580 lbs. w/driver....

Beating Corvettes is my top priority, you Texas cowboys come next ....

Wish it wasn't so far away. Is there a Dynojet there?....

I don't think so, but there is at MSR in Cresson. If you can get the car there we can drive up together. I'll even give you my tow vehicle and trailer to use for the weekend. You can pit in my reserved RV spot, use all my tools, compressed air, etc. Couldn't be easier ... unless you lived in TX.