HPDE Instructor request

blackenedwings

I'm a novice driver with only a couple of HPDEs under my belt, and my last NASA event was Hyperfest last year. I will be attending this year as well, and had a question about the instructors. I had a fantastic instructor last year and learned a lot, but he drove an older NA M3. Some of the lines he was teaching me were difficult for a high power AWD turbo car. I was wondering if it was possible for me to request an instructor (if they have one) with experience driving AWD turbo cars (STi, Evo, GT-Rs) as I think I would learn a lot from someone familiar with the platform.

I've been dialing in the suspension of the car, and safety gear, so the car is gutted and caged with fixed buckets and 6-point harnesses. It is a stock block, with 93 octane generating 407 awhp / 368 awtq.

I don't want to sound ungrateful for the instruction I had last time, I really did learn a lot... but I figured I would at least ask.

Ask for Jack McAfee, Mike Sarver, or any of the "on the hill" gang. Yea they drive corvettes, but they are the cream of the crop as far as instructors go for that region. It is perfectly fine to request a different instructor than the one you had the last time out.

That sounds perfect, someone familiar with driving a modded Evo and who knows the track would be ideal. I sent an email in to the registration email for my region, but haven't received a response.

Another couple you might want to consider are Tim Mills (STi) and Justin Mathews (STi and EVO). Both are excellent instructors. Mills was my first a few years ago and Mathews has helped me through HPDE2 into 3 and now into TT'ing. I think I requested Mathews through Laura, just after I registered early last year.

See you at hyperfest!