Dual Membership?

Pennington

With the new Central Region starting up and as a member of the Midwest Region now can a dual membership be held? Could a driver receive points in both regions when competing at different events? I'm sure this has come up before.

Thanks,

Gary

From what I remember, when there were crossover events between the Midwest and Great Lakes regions, a competitor's points were generally applied to the region they belonged to. If I remember correctly, this was done to help keep regional championship points from one region from upsetting a championship points race in a different region. I believe points were awarded based on actual finishing position; this had a net effect on regional championship results that was essentially identical to re-scoring each competitor in order within their region. This was a few years ago, so it's possible things have changed.

You can get points in two regions for one crossover event. It is in the "book" in section 7.3. It really needs for both Region TT Directors to agree to a designated crossover event for it to count in two regions.