Data Aquisition

panozracing

OK...I am sure this has been posted before but couldn't find anything in my searches.

Which data acquisition is the one to get.....I have a carbureted ST1 car

Traqmate

RLC

Race-Keeper

AIM

I know there are more but I think these are the ones to narrow the list down to.

I think this is the max. list of stuff I would ever want to track....

· (2) brake pressure sensors (Front and Rear)

· Steering Sensor

· RPM Sensor (pretty sure you can connect directly to the MSD 6ALN Aux port)

· Throttle position Sensor

· I have a chase cam already but whatever is needed to link them together

· track position

· lap times

· speed

· Not sure if I need the 5hz GPS or the 10hz GPS

I had a company that sells RLC, traqmate and AIM do a chart and they recommend the AIM MyChron3/Evo4

I had a pro team tell me to get the race-keeper. Everyone has their opinions. Maybe they are all good and it doesn't really matter which one.

I think the AiM is the most complete system and it's reasonably priced for what you get. I'd skip the Mychron though and go for an MXL Pista. Combine it with a Smartycam and you have easy video/data overlay with GPS track mapping.

My experience through karting and into cars has been that AiM has the best support and customer service. I have even sent an email late Saturday night after being at the track and gotten a response early Sunday.

• National Staff

Brian,

TraqMate will be used to tech the car in the near future. You will probably want to have one to have your own data.

Brian,

TraqMate will be used to tech the car in the near future. You will probably want to have one to have your own data.

Slightly off topic... Greg, are there guidelines for this? I've seen the HP curve on my traqmate and I'd like to see how this is translated into something a scrutineer could use. The parameters I've used along with the data are weight, drag, and rolling resistance and only the first one is quantitative. I'd be happy to start a new thread on this.

Traqmate is fairly basic compared to the systems he's looking at. I don't think it has enough extra channels to handle all the extra items that he wants to log as well.