Road Atlanta Huge AI Event

Red Tornado

A few of us are scrambling hard to get cars from WC rules to AI legal to make it even bigger. Some folks may finally have there new Boss 302S by then.

Here rumors of folks coming up from Florida also so may be a 15 car field.

I will be running Friday enduro in WC trim for some testing and hopefully AI or AIX rest of weekend. Can't wait!

I am going to try and make this trip down.........hopefully not as hot as last year....

also may have a trailer that can pull a extra car so if anyone in the great lakes /mid west wants to share a fuel bill let me know.

• Members

Plus, as an added bonus, I've got a sponsor on board who is gonna be giving away a bunch of extra prizes and stuff throughout the weekend based on different criteria for the qualifying and racing sessions. And I aint talkin about pens and rubber bouncey balls - I'm talking gift certifcates, boxes of cigars, etc - real stuff that we can use!

They are also covering a big Friday night good ole Southern, kick-ass throw-down cook-out/party. Burgers, Brats, hot mustard, my famous baked beans, and all the fixn's, along with plenty of music, booze, lies, hookers, probably some guns, ATV tricks, etc, etc... You know, all the normal stuff for a little mild-mannered get together.

Therefore, if you are planning on attending, get registered and shoot me a PM letting me know if you'll also be attending the Friday night Avon party and how many will be with you.

All AI/AIX/CMC/CMC2 participants are welcome.

Thanks,

Ed

PS - By my calculations, we may have MORE than 15 AI cars alone, 6 or more CMC2, and 4 or more AIX...

not signed up yet as a precaution, but if the dyno looks healthy i will be there too.

looks like showing early will be required just to get a parking space.

Ok everyone hope it's not the upper 90's it is all week here in Charlotte!!

Car is getting ready and restrictors made for AI return.

We hope to be able to literally just adjust ride height with marks from WC to AI and throw on different rims and tires and restrictor plate. Will be good practice for Nationals as I plan to run ST2 and AI.

how are you going to handle the ride height difference between ai and st2? are you going to run the higher ai setting or adjust your setup back and forth?

• Members

Update - current roster:

12 - AI

5 - AIX

8 - CMC2

American Iron is alive and well in the SE!! Y'all come on down and join us...

Ed

yea...i will register today.

will be shooting part of a goodyear tire story

for mustang monthly if there is any dry track

that weekend.

A few of us are scrambling hard to get cars from WC rules to AI legal to make it even bigger. Some folks may finally have there new Boss 302S by then.

Here rumors of folks coming up from Florida also so may be a 15 car field.

I will be running Friday enduro in WC trim for some testing and hopefully AI or AIX rest of weekend. Can't wait!

Chris, are you running AI? I see you're (and a few other mustang guys) registered for ST2.

Despite the massive storm on sat afternoon, caution laps on sunday, hood pin malfunction , shifter bolts, and the usual FL crew's late night maintenance session to name a couple challenges, it was great racing as usual in the SE. Thanks to Ed, Mark, Jim, Lee and everyone for the hospitality. The AI crew is awesome.

I never really figured I'd be trading paint in turn 12, but it was fun as it ended well. Congrats to the winners . . . I believe the order was Middlebrooks, Landon Ball, Tone, me, Will Stukas, Ed, Mark Reed, David Ricci on Sat with second thru fifth within 1 second at end. Pat Wehmeyer was battling up front somewhere with Landon when his shifter fell off. Sun order was Landon in first with the switch to Hoosier seeming to be a second or two faster for most of the race - then Pat, me, Tone, and Will after Middlebrooks left a smoke screen in 10a.

I never really figured I'd be trading paint in turn 12

You got Florida on my racecar! This weekend was a blast!

Do you upload your vids anywhere?

Despite the massive storm on sat afternoon, caution laps on sunday, hood pin malfunction , shifter bolts, and the usual FL crew's late night maintenance session to name a couple challenges, it was great racing as usual in the SE. Thanks to Ed, Mark, Jim, Lee and everyone for the hospitality. The AI crew is awesome.

I never really figured I'd be trading paint in turn 12, but it was fun as it ended well. Congrats to the winners . . . I believe the order was Middlebrooks, Landon Ball, Tone, me, Will Stukas, Ed, Mark Reed, David Ricci on Sat with second thru fifth within 1 second at end. Pat Wehmeyer was battling up front somewhere with Landon when his shifter fell off. Sun order was Landon in first with the switch to Hoosier seeming to be a second or two faster for most of the race - then Pat, me, Tone, and Will after Middlebrooks left a smoke screen in 10a.

I dont care what they say about you's damn Floridians! You guys are great to be around.

Get your asses back up here more often!!

We tried to track you guys down Sat. night for the (after) partying, before we had to thrash on my car for our own late night/early morning fixes (which was just enough to complete a couple laps in Sun. race to f*ck up the race for the rest of you guys.. I was one of the few cars parked on track.. again

Hope to see you frick'in guys back soon!

Ps. I've got some good cream that will clear that up on your car Will

- Chris Ferraro

CMC2 #14

Chris, I never talked to you after the parade laps, err, I mean...race...

Saw you parked...what happened? Tell me the engine is still OK.

Chris, I never talked to you after the parade laps, err, I mean...race...

Saw you parked...what happened? Tell me the engine is still OK.

Dude... think I pushed it a little too far on Sun.

I started getting hot again coming onto the back stretch on the 3rd lap or so. Had a good lead on the 2nd place Ray car so I started backing off a bit, but just before I hit the crest on back straight, things went to hell. I immed. pulled off into the grass (I saw smoke and didnt want to spray down the track) and tried to get down to that 10a track exit. Couldent make it.

Think I cooked a piston or two on that same right bank.

There were some issues we knew about coming into the weekend that we couldent get worked out (real lean below 3700rpm for one..).

No worries. A reliable engine/package was in the planned stages already.. Was just hoping that junk yard motor would have held me over until then.

Hope you get that Florida spunk cleared up soon on the 890 car

And also a big thanks to Ed (those beans were as good as you said) and Lee (cool to have a cigar shop in pit, and thanks for the gift certificates!) and everyone who helped for the cookout Fri. night. Good stuff.

-Chris

CMC2 #14