H4 bwillow crossover roll call

mikeski38

Mike Quan and I will be driving his new Honda Civic as we stike fear into the hearts of the Southern California H4 grid fillers!

Are you guys going to rn the enduro too?

Mike Quan and I will be driving his new Honda Civic as we stike fear into the hearts of the Southern California H4 grid fillers!

Not unless you're paying!

Anybody who needs some brake pads...let me know!! I will be @ the track around lunch time on Friday.

Not unless you're paying!

Anybody who needs some brake pads...let me know!! I will be @ the track around lunch time on Friday.

Bring some pads for my car mike, I'm probably going to need them, thanks!

Bring some pads for my car mike, I'm probably going to need them, thanks!

Got 'em in stock. I will bring them. When you getting there?

your not going to be there jimmy? thought you were hpde-ing with me

found out my rents are having my 21st B-day party that weekend

Easy with the smacktalk just try to wish a norcaller will be on podium.

How bout H1? The last time I was in SoCal, we were the only two running!!!

Were they all got scared cause we came? :P

• National Staff

Hey Andrie,

That was a lot of fun at Cal Speedway until you backed off. What happened to the car? My car was getting faster each lap as I used up gas (Blue SRT4). I had to run with a full tank so that I could go straight from impound to the last TT session of the weekend. I ended up with a 1:54.5 (0.7 seconds faster than in the race) in the TT session. I think it would have been a great finish if you could have kept going.

Hi Greg, it was fun racing with you. I had my share of problem in the weekend. We finished the car with new engine on Thursday night and haul to SoCal Friday morning. Didn't even do alignment.

First session was aweful, after that it got better as we played with the alignment all day. But then we lost the front splitter. The second day I had to race without front splitter which ruin the balance of the car. I had to battle with understeer all day.

Unfortunately I hit the change from the pavement-dirt-pavement at the first chicane. The hit was so sever I cracked the rim and ruin the tie rod. Just replaced the tie rod today

You going to be at BW? At least I have you to play with if the rest of H1 cars don't show up

• National Staff

I'll be at Buttonwillow. Unfortunately for me, your statement that you'll have me to play with is probably a one way street. With my current street/race setup, the top H1 guys clean my clock at Buttonwillow by 4-5 seconds (including you). I'm pulling about 700-800 more pounds than you guys, and it just kills me at Buttonwillow with all of the turns and no really fast straights. Cal Speedway was definitely my best shot at beating the H1 field, and David K's time from Saturday still beat my best.

I still have over 120 pounds of lightening that I can do under the Spec SRT rules, and I still have a street legal exhaust system. We aren't allowed to add splitters or aero stuff, and my car still pushes pretty hard at a bunch of the turns at Buttonwillow. So, I may make those changes during the year. I do have better brakes than the last time I ran at Buttonwillow, and I was able to get more negative camber, so I'll give it a shot, but I'm not expecting a 4 second improvement.

See you there.

Tested the new PDQ Motorsports H4 'hatch yesterday. It still needs some development.

Still...it is faster than the coupe was

• National Staff

Hey Andrie,

Sorry I didn't have time to talk to you when you walked by the garage. I had a pretty brutal day (capped off by losing my right front wheel in Cotton Corners during the 4th TT session). Looks like my times were pretty competitive with the H1 guys (my best was a 2:04.5), but even when I ran in the group C race in SU on Sunday, I was in the last start group of the split start, so I never saw any of you.

Greg