944 spec video of the SoCal April race at Buttonwillow

Tim Comeau

Good stuff, Tim. Looked like a lot of fun. Jim isn't messing around, huh?

Reminded me of Schumacher pushing Rubens to the pit wall earlier this year in F1.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn all those blocks. Then getting run off the track! That would have erked me a bit. Glad you didn't wreck because of the SLOWER car infront of you.

Well, hey thanks Z28,

Yeah, it was underwhelming to have all the dirty moves put on me, including the blocking, putting me in the dirt, but you have to keep a cool head when racing. This kind of racing is not typical of 944 Spec. You'll see me stick my nose in, then back out quickly if I wasn't convinced I could make it stick without CONTACT. There's a difference between just being aggressive and sloppy....and making a surgical hit that's clean and clear without CONTACT.

Tim

Tim, I hope that video went to the Race Director.

We should all expect, and demand clean racing in this class. Hard racing yes, absolutely, but clean, always.

Please note that this is one mans view of what took place. There are sections of this video that are not being shown. Like when Tim drives into Jims door just before Jim runs him off the track.

i am NOT justifying Jims on track behavior. What he did is not acceptable and he is paying the price for that.

But to try to make it look like Tim was completely innocent is BS.

Jim races hard and you should be ready to deal with that when on track with him. i have raced alot with Jim with NO contact between us.

Blocks and racing room are clearly defined in the CCR - it's got many examples as well, and is worth a look.

While there is usually more to the story, what was there certainly justifies a review by the race director, and it sounds like that happened appropriately. It is then up to the RD to determine relative fault, and enforce the rules as he sees fit. It's good that the process took place as it should, and that's all we really need to know or say online.

With Nationals coming up, I will say that if I see any sign of wanton aggression, retaliation, etc. by any of the racers out there I will work with the RD prosecute this to the "fullest extent of the law"

As you should Erik. It was reviewed and a punishment was given.

No need to air dirty laundry in a public forum.

Charlie,

I didn't hit jim's door. I outbraked him over lost hill and went 2 tires off on the inside to ensure a clean pass. We crested the hill, got light, and I turned more to hold an inside line. Jim had plenty of room on the outside. Shortly after we came back down on the suspension my extreme drivers rear contacted his extreme passengers front. I didn't feel the contact at all, but it's proven to have occurred after seeing the video of Jim's front fender before and after Lost Hill. The overlap at contact was significant, not in the door. The race officials reviewing the video stated I had the turn, I had the line and Jim should have yielded. The corner workers at Lost Hill and the sweeper both called in to say both instances of contact were Jim's fault. They aren't the final judges, but they represent unbiased eye witness opinions. I would say I was pretty innocent.

I race hard as well, I just try to do it cleanly and avoid contact at all costs. BTW, I posted, but didn't make this video. My brother compiled it on his own after watching the whole video.

This has gone on enough. I will lock the thread and let it fade away.

The race is now a few months old and NASA So-cal has reviewed the incident and made its determation of the situation. No need to rehash it again. Nothing new can be learned by continuting to discuss. Contact is not tolerated in 944 spec and that is all that needs to be posted publicly. If you are interested in specfics of the incident and penalties applied contact So-cal 944 spec director Everett DeLano.